FIFA World Cup 2006 Project

lopernv

these don't really say "Argentina" to me despite the sun from the flag, but that's mainly cus I'm used to the stripes. the sash is a good idea though, as a lot of Argentinian clubs wear one

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

this japan one is much better then what they actually wear.

They really wear blue, which annoys me to no end. almost all thier national teams wear different colors. why not just stick to red and white with some black? :cursing:

When I saw you posted, I thought you were oging to rant on me. :P

Saudi Arabia

Kind of a vintage look, I just used a font I found on the computer, I tried to use Saudi Arabian-looking text, but I couldn't find any. I know the stripes aren't even, but with a polygonal lasso, its pretty hard. If anyone wants to ship-shape this concept or other ones up, feel free to do so.

i guess then you wont be doing the Socceroos....

Well, if I have enough time, I'll try since you requested it.

Kind of a vintage look, I just used a font I found on the computer, I tried to use Saudi Arabian-looking text, but I couldn't find any.

There's one I found a while ago called Psuedo Saudi ("Psuedo" is misspelled in the title on the font) that "looks Arabic". I'll include what "SAUDI ARABIA" would look like. They have a number set, which look like our "Arabic" (as in, not Roman) numerals, but in "Arabic" style (figure that out at your own risk...). I found it on 1001fonts.com, but it was a while ago. You could also find the font Disney used for the title font in "Aladdin", which people tend to associate with the Middle East, for better or worse. I thought I had that one, but I don't, and I don't even know its name.

Naturally, I can't see Saudi Arabia making fun of their own language and culture by using a Western font that imitates their own language on jerseys representing their national soccer team. Nevertheless, see for yourself below.

saudi.png

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

OK, I held off not commenting on this for awhile. Soccer is a very traditional sport and it also goes in trends. With that said, no one is going to want the name of the country written accross the chest...its tacky.

MY suggestion: try redesigning the countrys Federation logo or something...then make a jersey off of that. Also, keep with the teams traditional sports colors, not country flag colors, it will make them more professional that way.

MY suggestion: try redesigning the countrys Federation logo or something...then make a jersey off of that. Also, keep with the teams traditional sports colors, not country flag colors, it will make them more professional that way.

1. I tried, and it looked horrible.

2. Japan in purple looks horrid, thats why I went with red.

It's fun to play 'what if' here. But if you were to go into the Argentine Soccer Federation offices and say that about the blue/white vertical striped jersey, you'd be banished from the country for treason.

Same holds if anyone tried to get Italy out of the blue or Brazil out of the yellow.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

It's fun to play 'what if' here. But if you were to go into the Argentine Soccer Federation offices and say that about the blue/white vertical striped jersey, you'd be banished from the country for treason.

Same holds if anyone tried to get Italy out of the blue or Brazil out of the yellow.

Yellow is a national colour of Brazil.

And coem on, its a concept, I'm not going to head offices and protesting. Also, these might not make good H&A concepts, but good alts.

Kind of a vintage look, I just used a font I found on the computer, I tried to use Saudi Arabian-looking text, but I couldn't find any.

There's one I found a while ago called Psuedo Saudi ("Psuedo" is misspelled in the title on the font) that "looks Arabic". I'll include what "SAUDI ARABIA" would look like. They have a number set, which look like our "Arabic" (as in, not Roman) numerals, but in "Arabic" style (figure that out at your own risk...). I found it on 1001fonts.com, but it was a while ago. You could also find the font Disney used for the title font in "Aladdin", which people tend to associate with the Middle East, for better or worse. I thought I had that one, but I don't, and I don't even know its name.

Naturally, I can't see Saudi Arabia making fun of their own language and culture by using a Western font that imitates their own language on jerseys representing their national soccer team. Nevertheless, see for yourself below.

saudi.png

I'll try to fix the concept up with that now, see how it looks.

In terms of design, I think it's better.

But everything I said before still holds - I don't know that the Saudis would make fun of themselves, their language and their culture with this type of font. Especially in English, in this day and age. I can't see it going over well in the Arab world.

Without that context in the background, I do like it. But I can't escape the context.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived