Port Adelaide Power concept

Discrim

befoer there were teh Port Adelaide Power in the AFL, there was the SANFL's Port Magpies. Seeing as Collingwood was already the Magpies, Port had to find a new name and uniform for its 1997 AFL entry, and it turned out to be Power. I'm doin a little reachin back to the past, as this is intended to be sort of an amalgamation of the past and the present.

portpower2.png

here's a version with wordmarks

and here are teh jumpers-top is home, bottom is away

portpowerjumpers.png

C&C appreciated...respect B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Nice stuff Discrim. Though I am not totally hooked on the home jumper. It is still good though. Not as good as the road/clash. But I really like the arced stripe look, so my opinion is a bit biased.

As for the Magpie tributed logo, very nice job. I really like it and I think that it was a fantastic idea paying tribute to the teams former nickname.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Whoa Discrim. That's really something Is that a magpie or a sea lion? :blink:

Perhaps you can tilt the head so that there would be doubt as to what it is. That wordmark would definately get a metal rock fan's attention :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Err, well... I err... don't really like it much.

The Away jumper is kinda cool, though it looks like a trident, which speaks to me of Norse Mythology or something similar.

The lightning on the logo looks like it's also got a mushroom cloud, is that Nuclear Power?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

i like the logo now that i understand it is a magpie.....

i can sse where you are coming from with the home jumper, maybe turn it on a angle from the right shoulder, maybe remove the number patch or make it similar to there current home back.....the clash jumper is not bad....the shorts i like, i think it would really work if the AFL name didnt have to be on it, but the socks need something, Port used to wear all teal socks for games that the socks clashed in and they were horrible.... mayb, add silver, black and white

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

i'm somewhat surprised none of you guys mentioned/noticed that the magpie itself is wearing a jumper :P

and i'll admit, the number panel on the homes doesn't really have a reason for being there now, what with the use of a solid back...i've thought of modifying the away and making a similarly-designed version the home instead, so I might just do that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

I cant, I cant....even figure out what this logo is of. :shocked:

You need to refine it so someone can realize what it is in 10 seconds or less, Ive strained for 5 minutes and I still cant tell what it is. You might need to bring back some features and then stylize it from there....you might have started at a stylized...thing....start at a more realistic depiction and then scale back and bring in some refinements from there.

there's probably one main reason for that-the way I made the head. having it look to the side instead of right at you might solve that problem

2016cubscreamsig.png

Heh, only thing you forgot was the matching handbag. Or maybe change the colours to those of a rainbow, ought to represent Port quite well. Also, think about adding sequined hotpants for Tredrea.

Suffice to say as a Lions fan living in Brisbane I dislike Port immensely.

Seriously, once I worked out the perspective on the magpie the logo was quite nifty. I like the idea, and while I'm not completely sold on the execution I can't say I could do better myself.

Very clever, please keep them coming.

One last thing, what does everyone think of the new Lions jerseys?

dylanfront2.jpg

dylanback2.JPG

taking a few things into account, most notably the fact taht not everybody could tell it was supposed to be a magpie, here is the MagPower :D version 2...basically, I redid it from scratch...anyways, here ya go

portpower3.png

and as I'd said I would do, I decided to merely modify the away jumper while creating a new home based off of it...but now I'm gonna tweak the home a tad. so here ya go

portpowerjumpers2.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

Heh, only thing you forgot was the matching handbag. Or maybe change the colours to those of a rainbow, ought to represent Port quite well. Also, think about adding sequined hotpants for Tredrea.

Seriously, once I worked out the perspective on the magpie the logo was quite nifty. I like the idea, and while I'm not completely sold on the execution I can't say I could do better myself.

dylanfront2.jpg

dylanback2.JPG

Speaking of seaquins and handbags... well suited shirt...

Is it me, or is he happy to see me???

:blink:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

those Lions gurnseys are great, I like it a lot. The only thing is that Lions don't clash with anyone in AFL, so they don't need it, but it's great. The Power jumpers you designed are OK, the clash one is much better then home...

i used to think they clashed with Sydney, then i realised they dont.....

again, I emerge from the lab, and this time I tweaked the home and added a third jumper...I think I'm gonna quit with this while I'm ahead and start looking into a new boombox :D

portpowerjumpers3.png

portpowerthird.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

again, I emerge from the lab, and this time I tweaked the home and added a third jumper...I think I'm gonna quit with this while I'm ahead and start looking into a new boombox :D

portpowerjumpers3.png

portpowerthird.png

maybe add silver in between the teal and white on all of them, just a small skinny line

I know one thing, using silver might have been a good idea, though I reason putting it between teal and white, might as well not do it.

oh yeah, bump... :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 8 months later...
Heh, only thing you forgot was the matching handbag.  Or maybe change the colours to those of a rainbow, ought to represent Port quite well.  Also, think about adding sequined hotpants for Tredrea.

Seriously, once I worked out the perspective on the magpie the logo was quite nifty.  I like the idea, and while I'm not completely sold on the execution I can't say I could do better myself.

dylanfront2.jpg

dylanback2.JPG

Speaking of seaquins and handbags... well suited shirt...

Is it me, or is he happy to see me???

:blink:

No, Frenchie, he's just your typical Australian male.

Hung like a draught horse and not afraid to let you know it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived