Sign in to follow this  
Ez Street

Trading Places Part 5

Ok, for this one I took a bit of a chance. I ditched the Black/Gold scheme and went slightly retro. I figured they might as well tweak the colors because the only reason they went Black/Gold we because of the Steelers and Pirates.

penguinsconcept.gif

-X-Line Penguin on the Alt Jersey.

-Didn't do a "KC" logo.

-Thought about an Igloo logo, but couldn't get one together.

I love Powder Blue. :D

:shocked:

Not that I wanna see the Penguins move but if they did they should take that.

I like those a lot, plus you have a subtle tie in with the Royals with those colors.

IMO out of the 3 NHL Trading Places concepts, this would be the most realistic one, and i really like the powder blue alt, good job Ez

The home uniform reminds me of the Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL.

IMO out of the 3 NHL Trading Places concepts, this would be the most realistic one, and i really like the powder blue alt, good job Ez

That being said, it still will never happen thanks to the new ownership in Pitt.

But I agree that this is a great concept, and I like how you tweaked the team identity more than the other "Trading Places" concepts. Good work here.

Thanks fellas, I was please with how this turned out also. Way better than I expected. Double Blue always works for me.

i had this same exact idea last night! not for KC, but doing the pens in blue like that. looks awesome!

Actually, I think this is a terrific updating of the old Pens look before they went to the Black and Gold.

Great job.

Great job with the redesign. The powder blue is a little intense for my liking - especially if the NHL follows through on their plans to tint the ice a light blue for the TV audience. The navy and gold would look nice too. And the X-line logo ought to be the new primary, rather than trying to recycle the Pittsburgh logos of years past.

I get the Pittsburgh connection with the colours--but I liked the old blue ones--so these look great--and the nod to the gold in the alt is the best one...

The blues fit well, and it looks more distinct...

As it is they almost have Boston colours, (And when they first switched a Bruins-Pens game was hard to watch...)