Rollag Steamers Logo

Epiphanic

I've long admired the work that is done here. This is my first concept that I've posted. And constructive criticism/feedback would be cool. These are logos for my simulation baseball team, the Rollag Steamers. The reason for the name is over labor day weekend there is a big Steam Threshers Reunion there. It's a place to showoff and feature, old tractors, threshers, steam engines and such. The links are below

Steam Whistle

Steam Whistle w/ Circle

Train

What needs to be added/subtracted? And any ideas for a color scheme would be cool. Thanks for any feedback.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I'd put the first whistle logo on a circle background. Trying to put teh circle over it takes too much away.

As far as colors, I think you should go with a simple gray, white and black scheme for the whitelse & steam, and use red or orange for the circle.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

That's where I got the idea for the lay out. Thus, the similarity. I like your suggestion, winters. Would it be alright if I used it? Thanks for doing that. I'm also trying to make a wordmark out of it or with it. Right now I've decided to use the Allegro BT font that says, "Steamers". Should I just superimpose that on the logo and call it good? Or maybe arch the name "Rollag Steamers" around the logo. Thanks for all of your inputs.

I tweet & tumble.

• 4 weeks later...

In light of my logo looking somewhat like a "jimmy hat," I edited the top a bit. Here's the revision. Just the steamwhistle with a grey-blue, silver, and dark blue color scheme.

Logo

Comments and suggestions welcome.

I tweet & tumble.

Archived