Milwaukee Brewers Promotion

Sodboy13

Free cap to the first 15,000 fans on Friday, 7/29:

im_culvers_adult_cap_160x160.jpg

Say, that wordmark looks nice. They should think about using that more often :D

As far as I can tell, this isn't a "throwback" or "retro" promotion, so I wouldn't imagine we'll see the unis so many of us love on display that night.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

i coulda told ya that. basically, most Brewers fans can't seem to grasp that the days of Yount, while making for decent history, should remain history. Uniforms included.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Free cap to the first 15,000 fans on Friday, 7/29:

im_culvers_adult_cap_160x160.jpg

Say, that wordmark looks nice. They should think about using that more often :D

As far as I can tell, this isn't a "throwback" or "retro" promotion, so I wouldn't imagine we'll see the unis so many of us love on display that night.

Now that look is worth going back to.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I saw that. Weird, huh?

The Brewers aren't having an identity crisis- the owner is rebranding. Pretty standard stuff in general. He's using these things to guage interest in the various schemes the Brewers have worn in the past.

I think it's a smart approach, even though it virtually assures that the logo I want to see back (the Beer Barrel Man) won't return and one I don't want back (the paw) will. The new owner's smart to listen to the fans, and the fans have spoken loud and clear.

Discrimihater. should the days of Starr and Nitschke have "remain(ed) history?" If you don't like the logo, argue about the logo.

Discrimihater. should the days of Starr and Nitschke have "remain(ed) history?" If you don't like the logo, argue about the logo.

The only reason that's not an issue with the Packers is because their overall look hasn't really changed all that much since the glory days of the 1960's (save for a few minor changes here and there, along with the Forrest Gregg era). Basically, you're comparing apples and oranges here.

Had the Brewers not changed their visual identity in 1994, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion today.

QPR%20Sig.png

Gothamite, an honest and ignorant question: if you don't like the ball/glove ["dog paw"] logo, why is it on the pennant in your sig? Throw the Keg Man in there [or as we called him growing up, "Scary Robot Guy"]...

I admire the ball/glove for its creativity, but if the Brewers change, I'd hope it would include at least a passing reference to beermaking. As much as I don't like the new logo package, there is a wheat stalk prominently included.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Well, two reasons - I love that "Milwaukee" wordmark, and it wasn't in use when the Beer Barrel Man was around. Second, the BBM didn't fit as well on the pennant - I had to shrink him down too small. The paw is more square, so it filled the space better.

I like the glove logo okay, although it's not the one I want back. I want to see this guy on the sleeves, swinging for the fences:

bbm_sleevepatch.gif

Well, two reasons - I love that "Milwaukee" wordmark, and it wasn't in use when the Beer Barrel Man was around. Second, the BBM didn't fit as well on the pennant - I had to shrink him down too small. The paw is more square, so it filled the space better.

I like the glove logo okay, although it's not the one I want back. I want to see this guy on the sleeves, swinging for the fences

me too! I love the beer barrel man! he just looks so cool. i want him on alot more things they have

the main reason I said what i said is, as is pretty obvious, I'm not too high on bringing the glove back as the primary logo. It was good for its time, and heck-I used to have some Brewers hats with the glove on it back in the day. but teh basic thing is I don't like the glove enough where bringing it back would make sense to me, and I prefer the current duds to the Yount-era uniforms (though I prefer the 97-99 unis to both of them).

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I used to think the current Brewers set was completely blah...until I went to Miller Park this past weekend. I've started collecting jerseys from the ball parks I visit and picked up a Brewers one while I was there. The jersey looks clean and classy in person.

I would've liked the 97-99 set even more if they would've done without the green accents. The jersey script and hats were nice but the green just turned me off.

P.S. Had to pick up a "ball and glove" hat while I was there too, couldn't resist!

The Miller Tour was great...besides the waiting til the taste test part. We had a blast. Here's a picture of me and a few buds in front the Miller sign. (As related to this topic, I'm wearing a ball and glove hat, while my friend wears our summer league baseball Brewers jersey - I'm in white in the middle.)

june0577zg.jpg

Gotta love brewery tours..did the A-B one in St. Louis when I was out there...

One of the guys in the group I was in summed it up best about ANY brewery tour...

"It's a fantasy camp for alcoholics!"

:lol:

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Mmmm... Sprecher.

Never had their beer beer, but I'm a fiend for their root beer. And the Orange Cream ain't bad either. And now I don't have to road-trip to Wisconsin to get it.

A while back, someone posted a concept on here using the paw. It was in a circle with with a wordmark and wheat stalks. Looked like a beauty. Now, if one were to use the Germanic font on that encircling wordmark, one could bring back the 97-99 unis, take out the green, put the paw on as a sleeve logo, and there you'd have it. Gorgeous, and a fusion of Brewers looks past and present. Maybe, if it could be pulled off tastefully, a wheat stalk could span the front of the jersey, under the "REWER." Your thoughts?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just don't think "they're not using it now, so they shouldn't use it in the future" is a very good argument, and that's essentially the tack that so many anti-glovers use.

what about this? the glove logo is genaric and has nothing to do with beer making.

the barrel man is pretty cool, and wouldnt mind seeing him on the sleave of the current alt, just for a change of pace.

Archived