Trading Places Part 6

Ez Street

Well, that's a good place for them, and keep the name. Kinda gotta do a thumbs down on the alt logo. That flag on the stick is their best one.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I would say that makes the nickname make sense, but carolina has hurricanes too, so i'm plop out of luck.

i just woke up. looks good though. don't really care for the wordmarks though.

Yeah, don't really like the wordmarks either. But the secondary looks good.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M |Β RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors |Β USA: Front Range United |Β IFA: Toverit Helsinki |Β FOBL:Β Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National ChampionsΒ 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finalsΒ 2012, 2013, 2014Β Big 4 Conference Champions

Β 

Kinda fits, and has precedent. Houston's NASL team in the late '70s early 80s was called the Hurricane (singular). Sort of a counterpart to the NASL Dallas Tornado (also singular). And, at one point, San Antonio had an NASL team called the Thunder.

Gee, 3 singular weather-themed nicknames in Texas in one league....

Anywho, I agree with Puckguy 14; the hurricane flag on the stick works great and I wouldn't change it. This is a case where all that would need to be done as part of a franchise move is to change the city name on the wordmark-- unis are fine as is....

It is what it is.

I think the hurricane flag logo is sheer brilliance, and would hate to see it lost. In fact, I like it more than the circular primary logo they have now. And the colors are right, based on the hurricane warning flags.

Why not make the flag/stick the primary for home/road/alt, and keep the Texas patch for the shoulders? One thing, though - if you use the Texas patch, the "H" should be a lot bigger - by the time it gets embroidered and put on a jersey, the H will too small to read unless you're right on top of it. But then, it may look too much like a rip-off of the Dallas Stars' Texas patch. Hmmm... :mad:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

That'd make a LOT more sense than f***ing Carolina.

Houston has a rich hockey heritage, from the Howe-driven Aeros of the WHA to the current AHL Aeros.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

I like this, for the most part. I agree that the stick and flag logo would need to be retained, but the rest looks good. Heck, if they went to Houston they could probably still squeeze into the Southeast division.

On another note, I'm with the majority who hate the trend of teams adding a black jersey seemingly randomly, but I really like the black one here. I've been putting black Hurricanes jerseys into my EA games for years.

The wordmark is meh, but that's what the current wordmark looks like, so it's not your fault.

The black alt is killer. I don't know why the Canes haven't worn one yet.

Keep the gale flag/hockey stick alt logo. Get rid of the Texas alt logo. Does everyone from Texas forget they're from Texas? Is that why every team has either the Texas flag or outline on the jerseys?

Back-to-BackΒ Fatal FortyΒ Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived