Pittsburgh Steelers Modernization idea

BucsBoy02

I dont like to mess with tradition but I was bored and had an Idea for a Modernized Steelers logo. Im not sure if its good or bad, but it looks kinda modern. First off I wanted to make all the colors look metallic but im not sure if it worked. Then I added rivets around the logo to make it look like its rivited to the helmet.

SteelersMod.jpg

I think it looks great. Very subtle and still has the traditional feel. I would like to see it with the rivets a little darker, and possibly the text a little bigger may be all in caps. Good design.

I suffer from a very sexy learning disability..... sexlexia.

Very nice. I'd get a little crazier with the logo though. Maybe a yellow circle, black rivets...maybe even removal of the red and blue stars and go with black and yellow ones...I know, you can never remove the star colors.

KISSwall09.jpg

Revolutionary?? Hmmmmm...

Try removing the archaic grey circle & just go with the 3 hypoclycoids (the "official" name for the diamonds). Maybe a thick black outline around the "stars" and then a big "S" in the background.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Great idea.

To make your changes more noticeable without being too obvious, thicken the silver circle and darken the rivets. The hypocycloids (correct name AND correct spelling! BONUS POINTS!) would show up fine, it would look like the beveling effect similar to what the Washington Nationals use on their logo - their effect is more striking because they use gold beveling red or navy. I'd keep the old stenciled font on the logo - it makes me think "Steelers" (and "Packers").

Admittedly, I'd like to see someone have a crack at Edge's idea of just the hypocycloids, maybe even slanted to forward (like what U. of Wisconsin did by changing its block "W" to the "Motion W" a while ago). That could look bada$$.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived