Wha2's alabama squad set to unveil...

Brian in Boston

I got a 5'er that says the baseball team sues, or someone else who has used the "Slammers" name, causing the team to change names. Any takers?

If anyone sues, I think it would be the music group.

http://www.pollytone.com/alabama.htm

...although they look pretty harmless. By the way, I also discovered there is a jazz combo named the Alabama Slammers as well...

???

So his hand is a Hammer? Is this some sort of mutant pissed off constuction worker?

Bad logo. Bad......

Maybe the guy was the victim of a tragic industrial accident... :P

Or maybe the union could not get a raise for the workers!

I saw, I came, I left.

Just to clarify, WHA2 is a minor league. It is the brainchild of real estate/development mogul (and minor-league hockey entrepeneur) David Waronker. While Waronker owned at least three franchises in the Atlantic Coast Hockey League (Miami Manatees, Jacksonville Barracudas and Orlando Seals), he pulled them out of that loop over differences with the ACHL's business plan.

With the new WHA poised to launch in time for the 2004-2005 season, Waronker saw an opportunity to align his minor-league hockey teams with a parent organization. Thus, WHA2 was born, with the idea that its member teams would serve as a development system for the eventual "big-league" WHA.

Brian in Boston

Plus he is the Manatees mascot too......Manashe (i think i spelled it right lmao)...anyways,gotta love an owner who can multi-task

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

• 2 weeks later...

Archived