Chicago White Sox Concept

HatCityEnforcer

You might have noticed I've been a bit busy :lol:

Anyways, I decided to try my hand at a White Sox concept...and went in a different direction, but stayed true to the team's heritage...

First off, I brought back the old school SOX logo that they used for the first part of the century...if anything, it harkens back to when the Pale Hose were one of the dominant teams in the AL in the early days.

Secondly, I changed the color scheme up...ditched the black and made it navy blue like in the 60s (when the team had a few near misses)...

Next, I went with a jersey style from the early 70s..as in before they went to that hideous red idea....once again, your eyes aren't playing tricks...those are NAVY sanitaries with WHITE stirrups (yes, I read that UniWatch a while back...stirrups with striping need to come back)...

Lastly, I kept a few things from the current logo set...

Anyhoo, C&C always appreciated :D

whitesox_concept.gif

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Reminds me of the Black Sox scandal, I had to do a report on a list of chosen topics from the 90's, and I picked the Black Sox, just to let you know. :P

And the concept I love all of it except you might want to work on the primary logo you did the "Chicago White Sox Baseball Club" script looks a little funny, but I'd give it a B+

stlouisrams.jpg

Wow, this is great work.

Agree with other posters regarding the lettering on the primary. Other than that, I really love these. The stripes on the socks are GREAT.

Of course, I can never see them switching to this on the field. But that doesn't change the fact that this is a very well-executed idea and WOULD look great on the field.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

There are many things about this I like a lot.

There are somethings I'm not so sure about, mostly those socks.

The one thing that I don't care for is the use of the current script font on the road jersey when everything else is retro. The secondary home logo may use a modern picture of a sock, but when contained in the baseball diamond, it looks quite retro. I'd choose a different font for that with a more retro look, similar to the one they used in the 1910's era the SOX logo is from.

180px-Hal_Chase_Baseball.jpgal_1913_chicago.gif

Or even something simple like from the 50's

ws60r02a.jpg

Aside from that one suggestion, a very nice package overall. Well done!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I like the "Tiffany" script better than the cursive script. The caps are pretty far out, but the home uniforms, I'd stick with the pinstripes, and ditch the numbers on the fronts. Everything else looks decent.

There are many things about this I like a lot.

There are somethings I'm not so sure about, mostly those socks.

The one thing that I don't care for is the use of the current script font on the road jersey when everything else is retro. The secondary home logo may use a modern picture of a sock, but when contained in the baseball diamond, it looks quite retro. I'd choose a different font for that with a more retro look, similar to the one they used in the 1910's era the SOX logo is from.

180px-Hal_Chase_Baseball.jpgal_1913_chicago.gif

Or even something simple like from the 50's

ws60r02a.jpg

Aside from that one suggestion, a very nice package overall. Well done!

JeffB

i disagree. the current white sox road script (the one used in this concept) is the best road font in the majors, imo.

I seem to recall that they wore gray road uniforms with pinstripes and block "BREWERS" script in black.

Actually, I think they just wore their usual road unis that day. The White Sox were the only participants in the first Turn Back the Clock Day. Unless the Brewers were wearing their 1987 road throwbacks.

Packers-2.png

Is that Ozzie Guillen standing in the middle holding the bat?

Sure is. And the skinny guy standing on Ozzie's left (under the page crease) is Sammy Sosa.

There are a few pictures of TBTC day over at White Sox Interactive, inside their "Old Comiskey" gallery. They're not close-up images, but there you go.

Heck, while you're there, I've got a bunch of wallpapers up there...

The Sox also turned off the scoreboard & PA for that game, they actually had a guy with a megaphone announcing the players.

Is that Ozzie Guillen standing in the middle holding the bat?

Sure is. And the skinny guy standing on Ozzie's left (under the page crease) is Sammy Sosa.

There are a few pictures of TBTC day over at White Sox Interactive, inside their "Old Comiskey" gallery. They're not close-up images, but there you go.

The Sox also turned off the scoreboard & PA for that game, they actually had a guy with a megaphone announcing the players.

Yep, been to the WSI site plenty of times, and fondly remember that first turn back the clock game. It has since been lost, but the flannel replica hat I bought was the most comfortable one I ever wore. The Sox haven't always done everything great, but they sure know how to put together a TBTC event.

LT

i disagree. the current white sox road script (the one used in this concept) is the best road font in the majors, imo.

It's not that I don't like that font by itself at all. In this case what I was saying is you have a 1910 logo with a 1960's font and I think it's a mismatch and personally I would go with an older font to match up better with the logo for this concept.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived