Proposed new NHL Logo

ironcity

To frickin bad don't like it don't read it, idiot.

nevermind i thought you were talking about the nhlpa one....if not no problem but come on you add like 5 to every thing you type. and how am i not supposed to read it? its in the middle of the thread. try thinking out what your saying first before you fire off with insults.

Thought it out throughly and that is the way it is going to be. The more I like it the more they get. It is not possible to have five for one reply any ways. Geez it is not that huge a space eater. 3 are top notch 2 average 1 ok but work needed.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought it out throughly and that is the way it is going to be. The more I like it the more they get. It is not possible to have five for one reply any ways. Geez it is not that huge a space eater. 3 are top notch 2 average 1 ok but work needed.

i know i dont always say what i want in a thorough enough of a manner, but maybe suggestions or comments besides i kinda like it or i like it and a bunch of smileys would be better for the poster. im not gonna sit here and argue about it. that is pointless but when you fire off a ton of smileys you come off as a little 12 year old who cant think of anything better.

What about an NBA-like logo using the following outline?

The NHLPA logo is sort of like that.

As for IronCity's logo,

maybe pick one color for the shield instead of the gradient, and choose a slightly more unique font (nothing too wild, you don't want it to dominate.) Also, I like your idea of using the shield as the background, but I'm thinking it could look better if it was more symmetrical(sp), with the shield centered behind the NHL. I could be wrong, but sports logos tend to be symetrical shapes.

I made this up a while back:

nhl7.jpg

It also puts the stanley cup in it which is what I heard they want to do.

I've always felt the NHL shield have symbolic images of US and Canada on it. So I did a concept. I had to download the free trail Paint Pro Shop. I hate it. CS2 doesn't work on my crappy computer at work. It ain't perfect but you get the idea.

Canada is north of us, so it's on the top. Keep it simple with the colors; get rid of orange and add blue and red.

nhlconcept.jpg

People, Ironcity posted his logo and asked for c/c. How's he supposed to get it if everyone else posts their ideas in his thread? IMO that's not too cool.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

People, Ironcity posted his logo and asked for c/c. How's he supposed to get it if everyone else posts their ideas in his thread? IMO that's not too cool.

Yikes, I was just posting an image to see if it was clase to anything that people have heard. Wasn't trying to be not cool. I removed the image, any other instructions?

Later...

sorry dude... didnt think about that. As for Ironcity's logo, I think its awesome. I'm not anti-gradient, so I like it. The only thing I would change is the stick underneath the NHL words. The stick is too much like the CHL's old logo.

pk-95memorial2.JPG

I would add something like a stick or puck or player, but a bit more dynamic than just a flat stick.

Yikes, I was just posting an image to see if it was clase to anything that people have heard. Wasn't trying to be not cool. I removed the image, any other instructions?

Later...

It's not about instructions, I'm in no position to give anyone instructions. It's about courtesy. Not directed just to at you specifically, to everyone. I don't post concepts (actually I posted one logo in the design forum, but that's it) but I know that it'd piss me off to try and get some feedback only to have my forum taken. That doesn't mean anyone is intentionally being a dick, (I think the overwelming majority of people on this forum are not dicks), but sometimes people don't realize what they are doing. That's all.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Please don't give the shield an "aggressive font." Damn San Jose Sharks and the whole "aggressive imagery" trend. That's gonna look so minor-league it'll make your head spin. The NFL shield isn't very aggressive. It looks rather 70s with those swashes. But it should be left alone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Please don't give the shield an "aggressive font." Damn San Jose Sharks and the whole "aggressive imagery" trend. That's gonna look so minor-league it'll make your head spin. The NFL shield isn't very aggressive. It looks rather 70s with those swashes. But it should be left alone.

Damn San Jose Sharks? WTF? :cursing: Excuse my team for being the pioneer of agressive looks. This is hockey. :hockeysmiley:

Here's an idea: leave the logo alone. No need to change. I mean shoot, just use the alternate puck logo, change it to silver I guess if you really want a change and there ya go.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived