Angels Logo Concept

themightyspitz

I put this concept together in about 10 minutes. I love the current Angels logo, but I miss the wings quite a bit. So I decided to combine the two together. It might not make for a great team logo, but I'd definately like to see a cap with this logo on it.

angels22pa.png

C&C welcome!

galaxy.png

I like it - anything to break up the tremendous redness of the caps.

One thought - wouldn't the halo have to be above the wings? Just a thought...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

really hate to spoil your day (and still hope i didn't  :huh: )

oops

I'm not seeing the similarity - themightyspitz took the Angels logo and added wings. iamthedorf took the Angels logo and added a bunch of knife blades. Completely different.

Neither one really works for me. Halo or wings would be fine, or even knife blades in a vaguely win-like shape, but both together just seems like graphic overkill. It's like the logo doesn't trust that I'm smart enough to get the concept with just one or the other, so it has to be all busy with two.

20082614447.png

Reminds me a bit of what Aerosmith's orignal band logo looked like. Still, it's pretty cool and it does look better with wings. I've identified wings with angels more than halos anyway, since we always hear terms like getting or earning your wings.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I'm not seeing the similarity - themightyspitz took the Angels logo and added wings. iamthedorf took the Angels logo and added a bunch of knife blades. Completely different.

another oops...

i'd love to take credit for the "angels with knife blades" work cause i really think it's an awesome concept, but it really is DawgPacPBH's work ^_^

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I put this concept together in about 10 minutes. I love the current Angels logo, but I miss the wings quite a bit. So I decided to combine the two together. It might not make for a great team logo, but I'd definately like to see a cap with this logo on it.

angels22pa.png

C&C welcome!

Pretty sweet job here, man! You're right when you say it kinda looks like an archangel. To me, it appears as if the wings are originating from around the cross-stroke on the "A", which means they're below the halo, as they should be. The wings are just really, really huge....which is a good thing. 'Cause we all know what they say about dudes with big wings...;)

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

angels22pa.png

C&C welcome!

Pretty sweet job here, man! You're right when you say it kinda looks like an archangel. To me, it appears as if the wings are originating from around the cross-stroke on the "A", which means they're below the halo, as they should be. The wings are just really, really huge....which is a good thing. 'Cause we all know what they say about dudes with big wings...;)

You're right...these wings were originally part of their logo with the cross-stroke for the "A". I took those wings, got rid of the cross stroke, darkened the blue, and rotated it a bit.

I actually made a second concept that looked like what cyandlux said, but it might make some people mad.

la3ox.png

galaxy.png

la3ox.png

That looks kind of familiar, something I did a while back:

la_angels_caplogo.gif

I created it for this concept, last year....

losangeles_angels.gif

Great minds think alike (not that it's the most revolutionary idea, but still).... :P

:shocked: That's crazy...I never saw your concept, but somehow we both came up with the same idea! Great minds do think alike.

galaxy.png

I salute you, sir. :notworthy:

Looking back on that concept, there are a couple things I'd change (and not just the color of the caps - I made a navy version as well).

I think I'd like to make the "L" a little bit shorter. One of the things I was trying to do was create a logo that was different from that of the Dodgers.

The Dodgers' "LA" has the L clearly the same size, so as a step upward the L is much taller than the A:

pMLB2-1670680reg.jpg

This was based on the logo of the Pacific Coast League Los Angeles Angels:

laa56c.jpg

Even the original Angels' logo had the two letters in essentially the same position:

pMLB2-1982940dt.jpg

I guess I just wanted something different. Now I'd like to make that difference even more pronounced, although I'm worried that the "spurs" would be too close together.

Sorry, end of ramble.

Archived