Baltimore Oriloes Concept

Davey

I did some changes on the Oriloes uniforms. I did some out lines and changed it up a bit. I also added a new secondary logo, and changed the primary logo as well its now big just trying to do my best. I hope you like them.

template1.jpg

4kv29i.jpg

imo the "O's" hat is underused.

:therock:

i know it's your opinion, but the hat is underused for good reason, most specifically because they are NOT the "o's"

the baltimore orioles - named after the maryland state bird and taking their colors from that bird - should stay the baltimore orioles

the oakland athletics have an excuse for using "a's" on their hats: they were actually named the oakland a's when they arrived from kansas city via philadelphia

i'd just drop the hat period, or but if you were to keep it, i would recommend exclusively using the white-on-black one seen with the black road alt

----------

anywho, on the jersey concept, i like the circular logo i see on the bottom right, but i don't think the ball in the background would help get it promoted to the majors

and - don't know if you realize this or not - you used the baby bird on the sleeve of the black alts

intentional? or not?

good work overall, i'm not gonna take that away from you

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

and - don't know if you realize this or not - you used the baby bird on the sleeve of the black alts

intentional? or not?

im guessing if he did the concept he noticed he used the other bird, but thats just a guess.

teamsnew2.png

intentional? or not?

im guessing if he did the concept he noticed he used the other bird, but thats just a guess.

Yes i did put the other bird on the alts. ,because how else would they get their ? lol I had to make the uniforms, and you wouldn't think i see that on the way, yet i made a white out line on the birds also, so back to the question yes i did notice what i did.

4kv29i.jpg

You sure about the A's, iamthedorf? My understanding is they were always called the Athletics but always nicknamed the A's. And I do remember them being called the A's when they were in Kansas City.

As for the O's, though, I agree. And I don't like those O's caps. They need to bring back the cartoon bird of the Brooks and Frank, Boog and Palmer days.

I looked in all sorts of places about the history of the Athletics, and nowhere did anything say about the team officially becoming the A's when they moved to Oakland.

Now, unless someone can prove me wrong, I think it's fair to say they have always been officially called the Athletics and have, for the most part of that franchise's long existence, been nicknamed the A's.

Of course they've always been the Athletics. This board is driving me nuts.

They haven't always been the Athletics. When they moved to Oakland in 1968, they became the A's. They weren't renamed the Athletics until 1987.

They've always been the Athletics. They were referred to only as the A's under the Charlie O. Finley years, and Athletics was out of the visual package, but they've always been the Athletics.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I love the logos, but I wish you would have kept the bird hats instead of using the generic "O's" hats. Change the hats back, and you have a winner.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived