Fantasy Baseball Help

Brass

Here's my team. Right now, we're currently in 3rd out of a 4 team league. My team just can't win! Here is my roster:

C- Ivan Rodriguez

C- Javy Lopez DL

1B- Mark Teixiera

1B- Carlos Delgado

2B- Jeff Kent

2B- Jorge Cantu

3B- Melvin Mora

3B- Aramis Ramirez

SS- Miguel Tejada

SS- Rafael Furcal

OF- Vladimir Guerrero

OF- Manny Ramirez

OF- Carlos Beltran

OF- Carlos Lee

Util- Andruw Jones

BN- Paul Konerko

BN- Jose Gullien

SP- Livan Hernandez

SP- Chris Carpenter

RP- John Smoltz

RP- Bob Wickman

P- Jason Isringhausen

P- Mark Mulder

P- Mark Prior

BN- Mark Mulder

Notable FA's

Eric Chavez

Aubrey Huff

Scott Rolen

Jim Thome

Adrian Beltre

Chipper Jones

Bret Boone

Milton Bradley

Orlando Cabrera

Vernon Wells

What should I do? Drop some players and add some? Move players to bench and sit some? Please help!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

well it's only a 4 team league, and we do scoring with like head-to-head catorgories, and whoever wins the certain catorgorie, gets one point, but I don't know how I'm losing either!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Just cause you have what seems to be a fantastic team with household names, doesn't mean it's the best fantasy team. Make sure you prepare every week, watch for players who might be slumping or on a hot streak week after week. Make favourable matchups with bad/inconsistent pitchers and teams. Now is the time to capitalize on the proven all-star caliber players who had slow starts this year but has the talent to dominate like before.

I would try to pick up Vernon Wells and/or Adrian Beltre. Over the past few weeks they have really been heating it up after very slow starts. They should have great 2nd halves.

Don't give up on Beltran. He's 100% healthy now and starting to be alot more productive.

Cantu IMO is a flash in the pan. For a 4 team league, you could do better for a backup. Someone like Marcus Giles, who is rebounding also from a slow start.

Mulder's having an inconsistent year. You can do better, especially with 4 teams. I would try someone like Ben Sheets, who was injured for much of the first half, but lately he's been healthy and pitching well.

Personally I've managed to turn my Toronto Towers from a last place 2-5 to 7-6, one game off of a playoff spot. The reason for that is that my whole team pretty much was on a slump at the beginning, I patiently waited for some to get better while picking up a couple of sleepers in free angency (including Jason Bay, Jon Garland and Felipe Lopez).

The only problem I have is 3B, where I have the once-hot-but-now-cold Shea Hillenbrand, I've got Corey Koskie on the DL, and I just picked up Aaron Hill to help bridge the gap until Koskie comes back.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

well it's only a 4 team league

That's why your team is losing, because everyone else has players just as good or better than yours.

My advice would be to get into a larger league next year. They're much more fun.

6uXNWAo.png

Well im in a ten team league, and i still manage to be in 8th out of 10 with this team:

C B. Inge (Det - C,3B,OF) @TB 7:15 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

1B A. Pujols (StL - 1B) @SF 10:15 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

2B R. Mackowiak (Pit - 2B,3B,OF) NYM 7:05 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

3B F. López (Cin - 2B,3B,SS) @Ari 9:40 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

SS C. Guillén (Det - SS) @TB 7:15 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

CI S. Rolen (StL - 3B) @SF 10:15 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

MI D. Eckstein (StL - SS) @SF 10:15 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

OF B. Clark (Mil - OF) @Atl 7:35 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

OF V. Guerrero (LAA - OF) Sea 10:05 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

OF M. Cabrera (Fla - OF) ChC 7:35 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

OF Lu. González (Ari - OF) Cin 9:40 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

Util F. Thomas (CWS - Util) Oak 8:05 pm -/- - - - - - - - -

SP J. Smoltz (Atl - SP,RP) Mil 7:35 pm - - - - - -

SP P. Byrd (LAA - SP) Sea 10:05 pm - - - - - -

RP M. Batista (Tor - SP,RP) @Tex 8:05 pm - - - - - -

RP J. Nathan (Min - RP) @KC 8:10 pm - - - - - -

P J. Marquis (StL - SP) @SF 10:15 pm - - - - - -

P D. Davis (Mil - SP) ^@Atl 7:35 pm - - - - - -

P R. Harden (Oak - SP) @CWS 8:05 pm - - - - - -

P J. Peavy (SD - SP) @Col 9:05 pm - - - - - -

P D. Haren (Oak - SP,RP) @CWS 8:05 pm - - - - - -

P C. Silva (Min - SP) @KC 8:10 pm - -

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Ben, here's what I would do.

Get rid of Mackowiak. He's slumping pretty badly since his great start. Since you have lots of flexibility in your infield cause of the awesome Felipe Lopez, you could even have Lopez go to 2B and Rolen fill your 3B, unless you could find a hotter 2B or 3B.

It also looks like key players on your team are back from costly injuries (Gurrero & Thomas) and are playing great now, and so that's a big positive.

Instead of Clark, I'd go with Taveras (HOU) if he's still available. Taveras has been on a tear lately, and could really boost your SB numbers.

How are you doing for pitching? It looks like you have a very solid pitching staff. Maybe you could trade for a better closer than Batista. He doesn't get nearly enough save opportunities.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Braden, thanks for the input. Yes my pitching has been solid, but im having a pretty bad week this week, and could find myself in last place on monday :(. But i have been trying to rid myself of mackowiak for weeks, and i will consider tavares.

nygiantsSig.gif

newyorkislanders.gif

Archived