NBA EUROPE TEAM 3:

AAO

This one's just me, again, with some critiquing from Starchild. Went with a World War II theme with Munich. A Warhawk was a fast fighter jet that could be seen flying through Munich all the time during the war. I know i've used the horizon lines in the wordmark with the Sharks, but I really felt they were appropriate for this concept. (Oh yea, I changed my portfolio 'company' name again, from Ecliptic to Xcelerate Design Studios, since i'm still trying to find a good name for it.)

CompleteConcept-MunichWarhawks.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know, man, you know that whole war thing and Germany probably isnt a good idea.....maybe just hawks or something with the secondary, leaving it up to the imagination what hawk youre talking about.

I don't know how well a WWII-themed team would fly in Germany but the execution is fantastic, nonetheless. The wordmark is great, probably the best I've seen from you. I think the secondary would work better if it were of German insignia. I don't quite understand the tertiary mark as well. However, I do love the jerseys though I think red could be a bit more predominant on the home uniform.

trophy_silver.gif

yea i knew the war theme would be a bit sensitive, but its such a huge part of Germany's history, especially Munich with Bavaria and all that, you cant just toss a country's past out of the window. it could sort of serve as a memorial to all the good people that did die during that time. thanks a lot stealthfrog, for the link to the German insignias...i was trying to find something like that with all the ranks but i couldnt.

My sisters BF is German and I recently took a trip there....Germanys an odd place right now, especially with this new generation that thinks Hitler was such an a$$ 0. BUT Germans arent allowed to have patriotic pride because they believe thats how it all began. So to say this is a memorial might be a hard sell....

I love your designs though! I wish I could do some of the stuff youre capable of...especially with the plane and the intricate tertiary mark!

Aside from the war referrence, I would like to throw a some of my suggestions:

I'm not sure what you are going with on the teritary mark. The outline makes it look like a whale fin. I think MUNICH should stand out more. It's too small. Perhaps you can put MUNICH along the open space you have at the top?

As for the primary, I think the wordmark above the plane would look better and maybe the plane can be angled more so it's aimed at "us" sorta speak.

I love the jerseys, but maybe you can layoff the thick outline and settle for separate dark letters.

I saw, I came, I left.

My sister-in-law, brother-in-law and nephews live in Munich. My brother-in-law was born and raised in Bavaria, while my sister-in-law is an American who moved to Germany after marrying him. Based upon conversations I've had with them in the past, I can honestly say that this identity would NEVER fly (no pun intended) in Germany. It would be regarded as extremely controversial, tremendously insensitive or both.

You'd be better off developing an identity package that referenced the city being founded on the site of an early Benedictine monastery (Munichen - the city's German name - is translated as "monk settlement" and a monk-like figure is featured prominently in the city's Coat of Arms), the fact that Henry the Lion (a possible animal mascot) - Duke of Saxony and Bavaria - founded the city in 1158 or that it is home to Oktoberfest.

I like the concept - only a minor change I would encourage you to make. The red star on the plane signifys "Soviet" - not German. There are a great many Germans who disliked/hated the Soviets (ie - those in East Germany). I'd make a slight change.

See marking here: bf109

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like the concept - only a minor change I would encourage you to make. The red star on the plane signifys "Soviet" - not German. There are a great many Germans who disliked/hated the Soviets (ie - those in East Germany). I'd make a slight change.

bf109

his star is better than a swastika imo........

his star is better than a swastika imo........

It's not accurate though - it's not Russian!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It's not accurate though - it's not Russian!!!

i realize its not accurate- if you think thered be controversey about this slap a swastika on the side and see what happens.

haha you guys are crazy...swastika...but oh ok the star is a Russian symbol. But its not actually a star because the left point extends out, if that helps any. but Brian in Boston, thanks for the other possible mascots...i like the lion idea as well as the monk.

agreed with everything about WW2 and germany. Here's a quick fix: Change Munich to any non-german city in Europe. Italy might be a bad idea too. Stick with the Allies and you're good.

Apart from that, its a wicked concept.

agreed with everything about WW2 and germany.  Here's a quick fix:  Change Munich to  any non-german city in Europe.  Italy might be a bad idea too.  Stick with the Allies and you're good.

Apart from that, its a wicked concept.

the problem with italy is that it was germany's ally in ww2. i'd move this team to london, and then come up with a new team for munich, like the monks or something. the good thing about london is that you could replace the red star (whitch conjrs up images of the soviets) and replace it with the mark of britain's royal air force:

RAF_Roundel.png

Cool design. However, the Warhawk was a piston driven fighter of WW2 that operated predominantly in China. The only jet to see any real combat was the Me-262.

Other than that, I agree the WW2 war theme really won't work for Germany.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Archived