NBA EUROPE TEAM 3:

AAO

If you wanted to use a war plane, I'd suggest the Liberator. At least it has a positive sounding name.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Nazi logos, just quality german engineering!!!

germanmarkings2mc.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

germanmarkings2mc.gif

that iron cross was used during the nazi ear. still conveys nazism. the iron cross used today would be better.

Germany still uses this insignia.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

germanmarkings2mc.gif

that iron cross was used during the nazi ear. still conveys nazism. the iron cross used today would be better.

no, the mark that KC posted was the mark hitler's air force used. the current german mark has curved sides.

here is a ww2 nazi air craft. notice the cross is identicle to the mark KC posted.

bf109g10mw_3.jpg

here is a modern era german air craft. notice the cros is of a different desighn then the mark on the nazi aircraft and the mark that KC posted. the sides are curved.

jas2051.jpg

I love this concept...of course, everyone already has reitterated the changes:

-WWII theme isn't gonna work in Germany at all...

-Red star is Soviet

-Move to London and call them the Liberators: a definate plus.

But other than that, this is a kick @$$ concept. I'm really liking the way this NBA Europe thing is going. Keep up the great work. :notworthy:

galaxy.png

Barons would be good!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

germanmarkings2mc.gif

I already posted the current one in this thread:

allemagne.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

Sorry if I'm being too picky here but they also would not put "Munich" on their logos, it would be "München". Also, I think the term "Warhawks" would be avoided by just about anyone. Can you imagine something like the Washington Warhawks?!? They'd be changing it faster than Marquette.

Just some added info: Munich's city colors are black and yellow while Bavaria's are sky blue and white. Something like the "Brewers" in one of these combos might be cool.

This might bet straying from the topic, but if the team were in Berlin rather then Munich, they could be called the "German Chancellors". Using an adjective in place of the city name has been done before (i.e. the WAFL's Scottish Claymores) and the "Chancellor" nickname sounds powerful yet dignified at the same time.

LT

Sorry to bang on with the same topic as everyone else, but I have to agree ... what were you thinking?!?!?! Of course the execution is brilliant, but that is really only half of the job.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Sorry if I'm being too picky here but they also would not put "Munich" on their logos, it would be "München". Also, I think the term "Warhawks" would be avoided by just about anyone. Can you imagine something like the Washington Warhawks?!? They'd be changing it faster than Marquette.

This pitfall was brought up with the Florence (Firenze) idea but never settled. The NBA seems very conscious of their image and place in the world, and I would think that they would opt for local place names in local languages. This would be a problem in countries that don't use the Roman alphabet, so I don't know what AAO will do for teams in Athens or Moscow.

This might bet straying from the topic, but if the team were in Berlin rather then Munich, they could be called the "German Chancellors".

Similarly, I can't see the Germans referring to themselves or their team as "German", when their word for themselves is "Deutsch".

As for the Cross, the cross where the arms widen toward the edges (like a Maltese Cross) has been part of Geman military history going back to the 14th century. It was Frederick the Great's symbol in the late 18th century. It was corrupted by the Nazis and incorporated into their military medals, but the Iron Cross clearly predates the Nazis.

Overall, my feelings are pretty much like the masses - I love your style, AAO, but you'd be well served to dump this one. War themes and Iron Crosses aren't going to fly in Germany in the image-conscious NBA-E.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived