NBA EUROPE TEAM 3:

AAO

i hear you, vitamin, i guess war themed wasnt such a good idea

once again, if you moved the team to london and replaced the red star with the royal air force roundel (see below) then this concept would be great.

RAF_Roundel.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks awesome .... why dosn't anyone complain when a U.S. team uses war planes?

well lets see- germany in ww2 killed 10 million civilions, 6 million of them jews, just because they didnt fit into hitler's idea of a "master race." nazi germany also started the most devestating war in history, all in the name of spreding totoliatian government, hate, and fear. the usa in ww2 however fought alongside her commonwealth cousins, fighting for democracy and human rights.

that should make it obvious why a ww2 themed team in germany wont work, while a ww2 themed team in the usa or any of the other allies will work.

i cant believe i had to explain why ww2 themed in the states works, as opposed to germany, where it will bomb (no pun intended).

Because the US usually wins..... :D

Good point.

Since Germany went 0-2 in wars last century, they're probably not all that eager to support pro-military team names, especially if you consider the impetus behind WWII and all the ruination it brought upon the world.

People do still take history in high school, right? ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Because the US usually wins..... :D

I guess that means we won't be seeing any concepts with Blackhawk choppers in them anytime soon then?

I guess that means we won't be seeing any concepts with Blackhawk choppers in them anytime soon then?

that was a low blow. and besides...you know that'd be monochrome and noone wants to see that :D

well lets see- germany in ww2 killed 10 million civilions, 6 million of them jews, just because they didnt fit into hitler's idea of a "master race." nazi germany also started the most devestating war in history, all in the name of spreding totoliatian government, hate, and fear. the usa in ww2 however fought alongside her commonwealth cousins, fighting for democracy and human rights.

that should make it obvious why a ww2 themed team in germany wont work, while a ww2 themed team in the usa or any of the other allies will work.

i cant believe i had to explain why ww2 themed in the states works, as opposed to germany, where it will bomb (no pun intended).

Yeah, the atomic bomb helped matters :mad:

And didn't you only get serious after Pearl Harbour, hence the atomic bomb.

But anyway, if this was moved to London, then consider the Spitfire name. Historic, key to victory in the Battle Of Britain, so the London Spitfire could work.

signature.png

Yeah, the atomic bomb helped matters :mad:

And didn't you only get serious after Pearl Harbour, hence the atomic bomb.

TD, are you comparig the atomic bombs to all of hitler's mass murders? im sorry, that cheapens all the suffering hitler caused.

oh, and when you said you, you seem to think im american. nope. im canadian. we entered the war allong side britain after the nazis attacked poland.

<EDIT> .... TD's comments NOT worth the time and aguish

yeah, but i just dont feel right when he compares the us to nazi germany.

I wasn't comparing the Nazi regime and the USA. The war against Germany was over for about a month when the atomic bomb struck. Also no one knew about the consentration camps until after the war, so therefore this attack was not in revenge for the mass murders of Hitler's government. As well as that, I believe that Truman said along the lines 'Surrender or face destruction', now that is just wrong too.

Now I was never comparing the US dropping the first ever atomic bomb, and the Hitler led Nazi regime's mass murder. Seeing as the war with Germany was over when the bomb was dropped means that there is no connection with the murderus ways of the Nazis.

Sorry about my spelling, but ah well you get the idea.

signature.png

I wasn't comparing the Nazi regime and the USA. The war against Germany was over for about a month when the atomic bomb struck. Also no one knew about the consentration camps until after the war, so therefore this attack was not in revenge for the mass murders of Hitler's government. As well as that, I believe that Truman said along the lines 'Surrender or face destruction', now that is just wrong too.

Now I was never comparing the US dropping the first ever atomic bomb, and the Hitler led Nazi regime's mass murder. Seeing as the war with Germany was over when the bomb was dropped means that there is no connection with the murderus ways of the Nazis.

Sorry about my spelling, but ah well you get the idea.

Here's a History 101 lesson.

The projected Allied death toll for a land invasion of Japan was 1,000,000 soldiers, since the Japanese army was trained in a "no surrender, fight to the death" mentality. The only way for Japan to surrender without losing a million men was to display a weapon so great that there was no other option, hence the atomic bomb. Therefore, Truman's ultimatum to Japan was justified to save the lives of millions of American soldiers. However, the development of the bomb was based on the fact that the Nazis were also developing one, creating an arms race during WW2.

In addition, American aircraft dropped pamphlets over Hiroshima and Nagasaki before the bombs were dropped, warning people to evacuate the city. Very few heeded the warning, thinking it was a bluff, and they lost their lives because of their skepticism.

VmWIn6B.png

• 10 months later...
This might bet straying from the topic, but if the team were in Berlin rather then Munich, they could be called the "German Chancellors". Using an adjective in place of the city name has been done before (i.e. the WAFL's Scottish Claymores) and the "Chancellor" nickname sounds powerful yet dignified at the same time.

LT

I was hoping that the "Chancellors" was going to be the name of Berlin's NFL Europe club instead of the Thunder. I would've also like the "Mechanics" or the "Machine," just like how there used to be the Birmingham Fire in the old WLAF and now have the Rhein Fire in NFLE.

In the case of Munich, I would've went with the "Seraphs," "Friars," "Brewers," "Engineers," or "Mechanics."

Putting aside the history crap (being a history major and history buff myself) i love the logo and the colours, the jersies are awesome.

If you could make a hockey jersey like that and i could get permission from you to use it as an expansion team for my nhl 2006 game (just to use for myself, not to pawn it off to others) that'd be wicked. Of course totally upto you.

Again, i love the logo and colours. Good stuff.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

What in tha hell? This thread is a month away from bein a year old. Someone musta been bored.

Anywhoz, yeah this was a nice concept back in the day of 2005.

Archived