Working on a sig

TwoRsAndTwoLs

You should think of doing that for each team because that is really cool :notworthy:

Hmm... sounds interesting. You've got me wanting to do at least a Cubbies one. Only trouble is finding a good skyline picture... oh, and having time, hehe.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Ok, it could use a little cleaning, but how's this?

CHI.jpg

Pretty cool- but put the antennas on the Sears Tower. Here's a couple of Chicago Baseball ones I had done a while ago:

SoxCubs.jpg

PriorSig.jpg

I couldn't find any great skyline pics that would've centered the Sears Tower, which I wanted to make the focal point of the sig. I like the Prior one better than the Cubs/Sox one because there's more of the skyline to see.

spikes.jpg

TorontoSkyline.jpg

I think I'm going to go back to work on my Mariners' one, but I'm glad to attempt to make some more for people if you'd like... or if there's something more specific (i.e. this with "Toronto" instead of "Jays,") just let me know.

Mariners rework

RarelyseenMs.jpg

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

• 2 weeks later...

For a bunch of aspiring and/or armchair graphic designers, I think pretty much everyone here have turned their sig files into eyesores.

There is no subtlety, no sense of proportion and lousy color coordination relative to the overall site's style and design. Most of these things end up looking garish and amateur (which I understand most of us are, but it doesn't look like we're really applying principles of design here), particularly when they follow one another in thread after thread.

Sorry for my first message being a complaint. I think there's a lot of good information and resources here but the sig graphics are killing me.

For a bunch of aspiring and/or armchair graphic designers, I think pretty much everyone here have turned their sig files into eyesores.

There is no subtlety, no sense of proportion and lousy color coordination relative to the overall site's style and design.  Most of these things end up looking garish and amateur (which I understand most of us are, but it doesn't look like we're really applying principles of design here), particularly when they follow one another in thread after thread.

Sorry for my first message being a complaint.  I think there's a lot of good information and resources here but the sig graphics are killing me.

I agree completely, and that is why I have signatures turned off so I do not see them.

By the way, welcome to the boards.

I don't think turbo ninja, or I, mean in any way to say these signatures are terrible. Just in general, they are annoying. Keep up the good work TwoRsAndTwoLs.

There is no subtlety, no sense of proportion and lousy color coordination relative to the overall site's style and design.  Most of these things end up looking garish and amateur (which I understand most of us are, but it doesn't look like we're really applying principles of design here), particularly when they follow one another in thread after thread.

Sorry for my first message being a complaint.  I think there's a lot of good information and resources here but the sig graphics are killing me.

I agree completely, and that is why I have signatures turned off so I do not see them.

By the way, welcome to the boards.

I agree as well, I don't turn them off because I also come across a lot of well done signature images and I like admiring them. So therefore I deal with the 'garish' looking ones. I do think there needs to be some sort of regulation on them though.

How does this do for ya?

St.jpg

I wanted to use the home uniform mark, but it looked weird because I had to cut off both birds to get it down to the size I wanted. I almost used the "STL" too....

I think you need to show the bird head. If CARDINALS is cut off so be it but the bird head has to be shown.

For the record, I'm not entirely pleased by the proportionality problems with some of these... I'd really prefer them to be the same size. I mean, I know I haven't been completely exhaustive in doing these, after all, if I had my druthers, I'd go to the city itself and take a sweet looking skyline photo rather than google images.

Obviously, there's a lot more that can be done here, and some cleaning that could probably be done, too (i.e. anti-alias the white outlines, on the Jays one in particular). Call me lazy, but I'm doing what I feel like doing. ;)

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Archived