Toronto Raptors Concept

Davey

I was thinking and since im not the best drawer, i thought I just do some minor changes. I added a leaf on the shoulder basically like a tattoo , to represent that they are Canadain and they should be proud of it. And i also took away the black and added more red. What you guys think ?

raptors.png

4kv29i.jpg

i did something like this a month ago.

raptorslogo.png

great minds think alike, eh? :D the fact that two people who havnt colaberated came up with almost the same desighn means that the change to red/black/silver is just common sence. i really like the idea of the maple leaf on the raptor's arm.

yeah, just goes to show ya that the purple has to go.

Ya i agree, now that they are the only Canadain team, they should have a whole new logo. It should be more agresive, and atleast have a Canadain flag some where. The logo they now, looks more like a child logo as you get older lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Why do Canadians feel every Canadian team has to have a Maple Leaf somewhere in the logo? I think the one of the major reasons the now Blue Jays look is hated is the lack of maple leaf in the logo. You don't see every American team with stats and stripes on their uniforms.

SHaMROCK/JaYTV/E-5

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Why do Canadians feel every Canadian team has to have a Maple Leaf somewhere in the logo? I think the one of the major reasons the now Blue Jays look is hated is the lack of maple leaf in the logo. You don't see every American team with stats and stripes on their uniforms.

SHaMROCK/JaYTV/E-5

But how many american teams are their in baseball, and compare them to canadain team. It would be different it it was the opposite, and i probally think they would do it. Blue Jays old logo, they had a leaf on it why ? Becuase they are proud to be canadain, and should be proud of having that leaf on our logo, because thats what we are known for , and we keep oin doing it.

4kv29i.jpg

I think they should keep the purple. It seems every team that has purple in it that isn't the LA Lakers, people don't want it. Why is purple such a bad color? In the old days purple was the color of royalty. If the Raptors go to Black and Red...well then they'll look like the Heat and the Bulls.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

In the old days purple was the color of royalty

the old old days. that tradition dates back to ancient egypt. see kids, this is why you dont turn in your textbooks. they come in handy.

I think they should keep the purple. It seems every team that has purple in it that isn't the LA Lakers, people don't want it. Why is purple such a bad color? In the old days purple was the color of royalty. If the Raptors go to Black and Red...well then they'll look like the Heat and the Bulls.

Actually, they'll look (color-wise) like the Trail Blazers. And, the Rockets too, if ya want to get technical.

SHaMROCK/JaYTV/E-5

agreed!!!

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I like the maple leaf "tatoo" on the arm - nice touch. Love the colors! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

SHaMROCK/JaYTV/E-5

OK, let's count the Canadian teams (minus the team in question, the Raptors)....

Show me the maple leaf in any of the logos of the:

Canucks

Oilers

Flames

Canadiens

Lions

Stampeders

Eskimos

Roughriders

Blue Bombers

Argonauts

Alouettes

Tiger-Cats

Yeah, kinda blows a hole right through your theory, don't it?

Technically, the Maple Leafs (obviously), Senators (on the peace tower alt logo) and Renegades (behind the, uh, "renegade") are the only teams to showcase the national symbol in their logos.

And people mostly hate the Jays current logo because its nearly total lack of blue. The maple leaf missing is only a wee minor issue with fans in comparison to the disappearance of the team's main colour in favour of graphite.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

And people mostly hate the Jays current logo because its nearly total lack of blue. The maple leaf missing is only a wee minor issue with fans in comparison to the disappearance of the team's main colour in favour of graphite.

aah.gif

GRAPHITE RULEZZZ!!!

Don't you forget it!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Why do Canadians feel every Canadian team has to have a Maple Leaf somewhere in the logo?  I think the one of the major reasons the now Blue Jays look is hated is the lack of maple leaf in the logo.  You don't see every American team with stats and stripes on their uniforms.

SHaMROCK/JaYTV/E-5

agreed!!!

<_<

the raptors are the only canadian team in the nba. the blue jays are the only canadian team in the majors. they should showcase the national symbols because of it. if there was a leauge that consisted primaraly of canadian teams and one american team the american team would probablly incorperate the stars and stripes into their identity package. besides, wheateater pointed out that the number of canadian teams without the maple leaf vastly outnumber the teams that incorperate the maple leaf logo. and even if they didnt, whats the problem? its our symbol, and we're proud of it.

Archived