Prince Edward Islanders baseball

deked73

U should include the colours found on the PEI Provincial flag. That would be pretty slick, kinda what I did with my PEI Islanders logo. (I made it a few months back for some friends who live there).

PEIFlagColours.jpg

Otherwise pretty damn good.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Honestly, they look more like an ad you would find on the cover of a phone book. Has way too much of a clipart look to it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Hey- quantamfreak- You've got a lot of nerve criticizing the kid's excellent work when YOUR logo is nothing but a freakin' clip-art Capital Dome pasted onto a $.98 baseball!

If you don't like his efforts then do a better one or stay home. :mad:

Here's the logo in provincial colors. Made a couple of different ones with colors in various places.

litehse2islesmlralt3.jpg

litehse2islesmlralt2.jpg

litehse2islesmlralt1.jpg

Whatcha think?

Those look pretty sweet! Good job man.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hey- quantamfreak- You've got a lot of nerve criticizing the kid's excellent work when YOUR logo is nothing but a freakin' clip-art Capital Dome pasted onto a $.98 baseball!

It's called constructive criticism, are we all supposed to sit around and just say 'we like it'? if we did, how would he be able to make it better or improve on techniques?

My only gripe with the design is that the fonts are not consistant enough and are too hard to read when they get small.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I was being nice and not attacking. Bulldog, the kid asked for C&C and I provided it. In fact, I've been pretty nice about all my posts. I praise logos that are good and I critique weaknesses of designs. If you think that his artwork is great, fine. And I feel it works if used for advertising. As a sports logo, however, it just doesn't work. And I'm not going to praise everything posted just because people don't want hurt feelings. How the hell is he/she going to improve if all they hear is that they're awesome and their logo is great? As for my avatar, the avatar is official artwork from MLB for the original senators. I display it as homage to the previous Washington franchises.

Bulldog, you're outta line!

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

litehse2islesmlralt3.jpg

This is the one for me.

I agree this is the best of the three. However, I also agree with cc. Does some of the unreadble-ness have to do with it being a .jpg?

I don't think so, there appears to be 3 or 4 different fonts used in this logo -- when you're getting text that small, you want the font to be as simple as you can get, just so it's easier to read.

I like the ISLANDERS font, it's the rest of the fonts that don't sit well with me.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I agree with quantum...this does look like a phone book ad with generic clip art. I should know, I make phone book ads look pretty for a living ;D

Part of why it looks like an ad is its format: graphic to one side, tons of copy fitting the remianing space on the other side. It also makes me think of a bumper sticker (weird analogies, I guess).

I think you need to concentrate more on the lighthouse imagery and less on the circle that confines it. Look at some other logos that have lighthouses (or any object/theme/whatever). You can still integrate the wordmark & city name with the lighthouse (or the top of it in this case) without the border around it. Everything is struggling to be the main focus. If you emphasize the lighthouse more and then create a wrodmark around it, it will stand out much better than it does now.

Take a look at some other succeful sports logos and study the way the icons interact with the wordmark. Even some that say "baseball club" with them, I think the Texas Rangers had a logo with that text in it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I like it.

You may want to consider different proportions for different elements.

as JPSlapshot said, you need to decicde if this will be the LOGO they use on hats and unis.

The concept posted here is very good, jsut doesn't have an identiy (sort of speak).

Is this a Wordmark? (make the words bigger)

Is this a Logo? (get rid or minimize the writing)

And as a "Bumper Sticker" this is a very nice one... :)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I think you need to concentrate more on the lighthouse imagery and less on the circle that confines it. Look at some other logos that have lighthouses (or any object/theme/whatever). You can still integrate the wordmark & city name with the lighthouse (or the top of it in this case) without the border around it. Everything is struggling to be the main focus. If you emphasize the lighthouse more and then create a wrodmark around it, it will stand out much better than it does now.

Agreed. I really like your logo but it doesnt look much like a baseball, or any sport, logo. And as for the fonts, i like the "islanders" one and the "prince edward" one. The other two i can read fine but it is tough to see if you just glance at the logo. i can read the "charlottetown, PEI" font better than i can read the "baseball club" one. maybe it is because it looks kinda squished and the color of the outlines doesnt go great with the background. very good job with this though. :D

teamsnew2.png

quantum- I posted my reply rather early on this sticky, humid morning. It's been too darn hot here with a warm front stuck over New York State because of all the hurricanes. I get cranky with the heat and was a bit crude and for that I apologize.

As for the design- I happened to like it. I know that a name such as "ISLANDERS" doesn't give you a lot to work with. New York effectively uses the outline of Long Island. And as for the Gorton's fisherman- now THAT'S commercial!

Might I suggest an outline of PEI, use a workable font and the provincial colors, somehow over a baseball.

And I was not aware of your avitar's history. I was one who supported "SENATORS" for the Nats' nickname but I guess political correctness won out.

Again- mea cupla. :rolleyes:

I agree with quantum...this does look like a phone book ad with generic clip art. I should know, I make phone book ads look pretty for a living ;D

Part of why it looks like an ad is its format: graphic to one side, tons of copy fitting the remianing space on the other side. It also makes me think of a bumper sticker (weird analogies, I guess).

Take a look at some other succeful sports logos and study the way the icons interact with the wordmark. Even some that say "baseball club" with them, I think the Texas Rangers had a logo with that text in it.

This is an excellent critique, and reading it put me in mind of a wordmark where the lighthouse formes the I in Islanders, possibly with a ray of light extending to the right over (or behind) the rest of the letters. (And a green cap with a P, an E, and the "I" lighthouse in white, yellow, and red.) The idea and the colors have so much potential, even if the current execution isn't sliced bread. But first drafts aren't supposed to be perfect, or else they wouldn't be first drafts.

20082614447.png

The idea for the logo was something that popped into my head. I had a dream of walking into the team offices and saw this near the receptionist's desk. I like the idea of the bumper sticker. I was working on a shoulder patch that has the lighthouse in the middle of homeplate. I don't have any around it yet. I also am just using MS paint and Adobe photostudio 5. so, I don't have any way to arch the letters. Been short on cash to buy new software. As far as the quality of the picture goes, I tried to save it as a PNG file. This only made it to dark to read and made the green and blue look black. I didn't try it for the red, gold, and green. :flagcanada: I'm a native chicagoan, but love going to Canada.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived