Prince Edward Islanders baseball

deked73

Bulldog - it's all good. As long as everyone knows my critiques are meant to help and not insult.

Deked73 - I think what I find problematic with your designs is that your designs are trying to convey too much detail and as a result, the stroke weights used are too fine in relation to the logo as a whole. A little less detail and heavier stroke weights for the ones that are used will do wonders. For example, look at the NY Islanders lighthouse logo. Less detail than yours but stronger because what is used is well defined.

Keep at it.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

i like the provincial colors becuase that way it seems as if the ball club is truly trying to reach out to the community by saying where a part of this area. any else get this besides me?

Sometimes picking the "hometown, flag colours is a little too cliché. It's like we're not creative enough to convey the feeling of community in any other wasys than the flag's colours, as if the lighthouse and the name Islanders was not enough...

This is just me being the devil's advocate because as much as I love the green/blue combo (Seahawks, Whalers, Old Canucks...) I think the other colours are a little more baseball, more beginning of the century... (1900's)

I can see that on a classic beige cotton uniform.

When you go ahead and create your full identity, the oval logo can be the "Branding" one, but I wouldn't use it on uniforms, just promo, and other stuff, like the recetion desk.

Like this?

islandersdesk3fh.jpg

The one with the Red/orangy lighthouse is better , especially because I never saw a Green lighthouse before.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

AWESOME!!!

Saw the original logo, and this 'final' is really good. Love the unis too!

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Good ideas on the unis--I do like red & green together if they're used well-I like the Wild's unis--but wasn't fond of Jersey's red & green unis (to use an NHL example)

Yours look like neither of those teams and you have found a good balance of the colours and how they work together. If I were from PEI and these were real I'd buy the pinstripe and/or the alt...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The gray and red unis look sweet. :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I think it looks much better now that you have a finished concept where each logo can be seen in it's intended use.

I lke the uniform designs. My suggestion would be to use the home plate logo on the sleeves instead of the PEI flag. It's a shame not to use that logo onthe uniforms since it is so closely related to the primary logo.

Have you tried this set in the green/blue colour scheme? Perhaps a mix and match, use the blue and green for the regualr set, then pronvincial colours for the alternate.

The primary logo looks much better. There is clutter and hte information is imparted easliy to the viewer

I will give the blue and green unis a shot. I do like the idea of the flag colored jersey for sunday games. To bad I don't have a couple of million dollars laying about to get it going. :flagcanada:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

I'd abandon the oval altogether.. it still looks like a product label instead of a sports logo. Too much info crowded onto it.

Focus on your strong point, the home plate design. It's about 90% there already. You just need to simplfy it a bit. You still have too many fine lines, but overall it's good.

Then, create a separate wordmark. Just the team name.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

found some of the original PE Islander unis and logos I did almost 10 years ago in MS paint. I scanned the image of the player from a book about 20th century baseball uniforms. I don't remember who wrote the book by I wanted to acknowledge this so not to upset anyone.

the original PE Islanders uniforms.

oldislesnwr.jpg

the PE Islanders throwback to around 1910.

oldislestb.jpg

:flagcanada:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

Archived