Hartford Hockey Concept

cyandlux

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's getting better--the antlers aren't so distracting now, before they were in all the variations...

I'd still say beef up the neck a bit, and maybe work the nose into a snout ala Sterling-the deer/elk/moose/etc expert-and his advice...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I thought adding the gray to the muzzle would help...all black looks strange....maybe some kind of placed highlights within a black muzzle would help it out...

I have to work on the antler highlights and the muzzle and the neck....thats a good list....update when I can :D

For the secondary I tried to do a hoof print, but my GF said it looked like a butt print against a car window....any suggestions?

Your newest secondary looks like it should belong to the Hartford Elephants/Dumbos. The really look like ears to me. Some of that is because of the color though. If you are looking for an element from the elk for the secondary I really don't know of anything that would tie back to the elk other that the antlers. Maybe you could put a landscape into the fill of the "H" somewhat like the Minnesota Wild's logo. While it wouldn't be relating to elk, it would relate to their habitat.

I starting to like your color scheme. It reminds me of the Sharks a little but I think you are making it work nicely. Keep up the good work.

KUHawks.png

i liked this when you first posted it..and like all the revisions..my only problem is in the name ....Hartford Elk.is so .."ehhh".. how about the Hartford Herd?..sounds much better IMO...and maybe you could use the double H somehow.....just a thought

FishNChips_200.jpg

The two "off into the distance" antlers need to be straightened/fixed. They curve into the distance remember, only when the head is held high. From straight on, it looks completely different.

Also, you're using broad fields of color on the neck...(big black spot) to depict presumably shadow.

But nowhere else do you use that style. Everything else is line-based. Don't be afraid to have half the face in shadow either.

Apply your style evenly.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Your logos has really come along nicely. Great Work! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived