Michigan-Ohio State Sig

Gary

The Michigan-Ohio State game was declared the best rivalry in ALL SPORTS, college and pr

habs/leafs is my personal favorite. of course you need a leauge to have a rivalry.

I liked Wings-Leafs. Wings-Avs is the favorite for all of the trashy bandwagon fans here in "Hockeytown" who have no idea who Gerard Gallant is. If anything, hopefully the lockout cools their interest in the Wings, but I'm sure it won't. Come playoff time, I'll be all like :rolleyes: again.

As a UM grad. Class of 1995, I know da$n well Lloyd Carr will lose a game she should not. I am looking to the game at Iowa. I ope they do not, but history tells us so. plus, the Rose Bowl graphic you have...they LOST that game to mack Brown, (err the Lloyd Carr of teh South), buddy!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Michigan-Ohio State game was declared the best rivalry in ALL SPORTS, college and pr

habs/leafs is my personal favorite. of course you need a leauge to have a rivalry.

I liked Wings-Leafs. Wings-Avs is the favorite for all of the trashy bandwagon fans here in "Hockeytown" who have no idea who Gerard Gallant is. If anything, hopefully the lockout cools their interest in the Wings, but I'm sure it won't. Come playoff time, I'll be all like :rolleyes: again.

As a UM grad. Class of 1995, I know da$n well Lloyd Carr will lose a game she should not. I am looking to the game at Iowa. I ope they do not, but history tells us so. plus, the Rose Bowl graphic you have...they LOST that game to mack Brown, (err the Lloyd Carr of teh South), buddy!

Yeah, we lost the RB, but it's a big accomplishment. In my years with the team (98-01) there were no Rose Bowls. Orange Bowls, but we shared 2 titles, and it was Citrus Bowl time again. Oh, and the "watch out" game this season is Wisconsin. Iowa is a game the boys will be ready for, and there's always 1 game each year we put everything together and just dominate (see Purdue 03) when people pick us to get upset. Iowa will be this year. Wisconsin scares me, because we have the potential to overlook that game, and they'll be hyped up there for a big night game.

spikes.jpg

Yeah, we lost the RB, but it's a big accomplishment. In my years with the team (98-01) there were no Rose Bowls. Orange Bowls, but we shared 2 titles, and it was Citrus Bowl time again. Oh, and the "watch out" game this season is Wisconsin. Iowa is a game the boys will be ready for, and there's always 1 game each year we put everything together and just dominate (see Purdue 03) when people pick us to get upset. Iowa will be this year. Wisconsin scares me, because we have the potential to overlook that game, and they'll be hyped up there for a big night game.

Wisconsin has that habit of being the team to ruin a season. Like the 2003 season for Ohio State...They beat us in a game that I think the team wasn't truly playing the hardest in. Of course, Michigan sealed any chance we had of national title that year too by running the ball down our throats.

Oh yeah, I like the sig you mad for the game though. It is a heck of a lot better than what I could make.

The Apple Cup? Is that a joke?

At least the Ohio State v. Michigan game matters every year, because one, if not both teams are always in the hunt for a Big Ten chamionship, BCS game, or even a national championship. The last time it involved a 1-10 team and a 5-6 team, I could not tell you for sure when, if ever, it happened.

And college football in the state of Washington has no room to brag until the Pac 10 actually plays quality football on more than 2 of its 10 campuses. I checked one time last year, and saw 7 Big Ten teams ranked in the top 25 in the middle of the season. (Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa)

The best part about the Big Ten is that every game is a rivalry, every game is a challenge, which is why so many teams have their seasons spoiled in league play every year. Come back when the Wazoo plays more than 3 or 4 difficult games a year and actually wins a few.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Apple Cup? Is that a joke?

At least the Ohio State v. Michigan game matters every year, because one, if not both teams are always in the hunt for a Big Ten chamionship, BCS game, or even a national championship. The last time it involved a 1-10 team and a 5-6 team, I could not tell you for sure when, if ever, it happened.

And college football in the state of Washington has no room to brag until the Pac 10 actually plays quality football on more than 2 of its 10 campuses. I checked one time last year, and saw 7 Big Ten teams ranked in the top 25 in the middle of the season. (Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota, Iowa)

The best part about the Big Ten is that every game is a rivalry, every game is a challenge, which is why so many teams have their seasons spoiled in league play every year. Come back when the Wazoo plays more than 3 or 4 difficult games a year and actually wins a few.

Thanks for the buzzkill <_<

No room to brag. Hello, I want to brag about my Huskies, namely after they hired Ty Willingham to revive the legend of U-Dub. If you really want to try and shove Big Ten BS down my throat, find a better reason then bringing up the fact a few of those ranked teams were not worthy of that ranking (I.E. Iowa, Minnesota, and Michigan State).

But, I will agree that Wazzu needs a tougher schedule. Grambling State?!? I knew the dumb asses on the Palouse were chicken **** but this takes the damn cake.

Michigan-Ohio State is by far a bigger rivalry than Washingon-Washington State for a couple of reasons. 1) Time Zone: In the sports world unless it is a national title contender or tournament team no watches west coast games on the east side of the Rockies. 2) It is the Big Ten. When comparing conferences the Big 10 is far superior to the Pac 10 (and not just b/c they have more schools ^_^ )

KUHawks.png

But, I will agree that Wazzu needs a tougher schedule. Grambling State?!? I knew the dumb asses on the Palouse were chicken **** but this takes the damn cake.

Uhh excuse me? First of all, Grambling State is an esteemed instituion with a +.700 winning percentage. Not to mention the world-renowned Grambling State marching band. You may laugh all you want, but I am looking forward to this game. Secondly, with a hole on the schedule and the Huskies for some reason deciding they want a piece of the Qwest Field action too, it's tough to get a team up here to play. Colorado came up as part of a home and home that included a game scheduled for 9/11. Idaho played here but that game should always be a Pullman game and Nevada.

WSU has been averaging 56,000+ for the games at Qwest Field. We'll see how well the Huskies do with their "away" game there.

Uhh excuse me? First of all, Grambling State is an esteemed instituion with a +.700 winning percentage. Not to mention the world-renowned Grambling State marching band. You may laugh all you want, but I am looking forward to this game. Secondly, with a hole on the schedule and the Huskies for some reason deciding they want a piece of the Qwest Field action too, it's tough to get a team up here to play. Colorado came up as part of a home and home that included a game scheduled for 9/11. Idaho played here but that game should always be a Pullman game and Nevada.

WSU has been averaging 56,000+ for the games at Qwest Field. We'll see how well the Huskies do with their "away" game there.

Talk all you want about about Grambling's band and the record, but the what still stands is the fact that they are a I-AA school. What's the point? I don't care if it's at Qwest Field or out in the Palouse, this is still a joke.

Oh, and was for the Huskies, they managed to get Air Force to come out to Qwest Field. Since it is in Seattle and it'll be Ty Willingham's first game as U-Dub's new coach, the seats will be filled.

Grambling is a I-AA team. If Michigan scheduled Concord DeLaSalle High School, should I come on here and brag because they have won something like 98% of their games the past 10 years? Worst. Logic. Ever.

spikes.jpg

I may be biased but Pitt vs. WVU...to me tops the cake and OSU vs. Mich will never top a Steelers vs. Brownies game

Obviously everyone will have their personal preferences, but on a national scale, UM-OSU is the rivalry for CFB. Speaking of Steelers (I'm assuming you're a Pittsburgh fan), I made the drive from Ann Arbor-Pitt for the AFC title game to root on my boy T-Brady and the Pats. Coldest game I've ever been to! Heinz Field was solid, and I have to say, the Steeler fans were very cool. We went to a Steelers bar for a few hours before the game, not sure what it was called, but it was on the corner, maybe kiddie-corner from PNC Park. Had a blast, and of course, it was better when the Pats won!

spikes.jpg

Alabama v. Auburn... no doubt

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived