Toronto Raptors Logo Concept

uniguy22

Uniguy22 - I like that! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I know that this may upset quite of few of you, but I don't think Raptors are going to last in Toronto/Canada. I haven't really done any research to prove my point (attendance, owners, etc.), but I just have a gut feeling that they will move. And with that move will come the death of the raptor and the purple and red color scheme. Does anybody else think this is possibility?

As for the concepts that have been posted recently, they are all really good. The elimination of the purple is what was needed. The first design by uniguy is pretty good, although i wonder what it would look like witha red maple leaf and black claw/basketball. And I REALLY like uniguys lastest concept. The claw though is a bit small and would blend into the leaf mainly because of the likeness in colors. You wouldn't see it at first glance on anything like a hat or a logo on a pair of shorts.

KUHawks.png

I know that this may upset quite of few of you, but I don't think Raptors are going to last in Toronto/Canada. I haven't really done any research to prove my point (attendance, owners, etc.), but I just have a gut feeling that they will move. And with that move will come the death of the raptor and the purple and red color scheme. Does anybody else think this is possibility?

As for the concepts that have been posted recently, they are all really good. The elimination of the purple is what was needed. The first design by uniguy is pretty good, although i wonder what it would look like witha red maple leaf and black claw/basketball. And I REALLY like uniguys lastest concept. The claw though is a bit small and would blend into the leaf mainly because of the likeness in colors. You wouldn't see it at first glance on anything like a hat or a logo on a pair of shorts.

The Raptors are will be around for a long time. they have some of the best attendance in the league. I took your advice with the claw standing out more and came up with this. Personally I like the other one better.

toraps2.png

Brauny my man. You're going to get a quick primer on the Toronto Raptors. First, the Raptors aren't going anywhere but 40 Bay Street. That's because the Raptors and Maple Leafs are owned by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment which also owns the Air Canada Centre, the two teams' home arena. And since the Leafs (MLSE) are not beholding to any governmental agency to negotiate leases, pay rent, etc. they can do as they please because every penny of revenue coming into the place belongs to them. Throw in that each team has their own cable network and you've got a very sound financial footing for the two teams.

They used to call Maple Leaf Gardens the Carlton Street Cashbox or the Maple Leaf Mint. Well now the Maple Leaf Mint has moved downtown to the Bay Street Bank aka the Air Canada Centre.

With both the NBA and now the NHL having settled their labor disputes, the Raps and Leafs should become very attractive destinations for free agents. The Raps draw very well and have a more solid foundation that the Vancouver Grizzlies could ever have had. So you see, the Raps are in pretty good shape for the near future.

As for the logo I say chuck the Raptors identity and go back to the NBA original name of "HUSKIES." Change the colors to Blue and White (no Black or Graphite!) and come up with a nice rendering of the dog.

:flagcanada::P:flagcanada:

Archived