A Few AAA Baseball Concepts to Share

oz615

In the spirit of tonight AAA All-Star game,i felt it is a very good time to share a few uniform sets i've did a few months ago:

Iowa Cubs- If I'm correct this is the same set they currently have,but what i did for this is made change to the cap as you'll see.

Buffalo Bisons- IMO the current they have isn't clicking w/ me,so i reverted back to their American Association days

Rochester Red Wings- what they have now just absolutley sucks,and IMO i kinda had fun w/ these.

Albuqerque Dukes (curently Albuqerque Isotopes)- when the Calgary Cannon relocated to Albuqerque i really felt they dropped the ball by not resurecting the Dukes so that's what i did.

Memphis Bluebirds (currently Memphis Redbirds)- Now this set is my favorite here inspiration wise,now dont get me wrong i like the what they have now,but the reason i changed it to Bluebirds is because they're in Memphis (home of the blues) so what did combined the idenity of a city and still sream out Cardinals organization

Nashville Sounds-You kinda know where im going with this set here,this truley sreams "NASHVILLE SOUNDS" that all i'll say.

And remember Question,comments,suggestions,gripes are more than welcomed

Nice work on all sets. Now for my C&C:

First, the Red Wings. They have been my team all my life, so this one is a bit personal. I like your basic ideas. But I don't care for the wing coming off the "R." And I've NEVER liked the use of black as one of the team's colors. The Red Wings colors were always red and navy. Also, all of your scripts need a tail. And the shirts should have the Red Wings ball-and-wings emblem from the '60s on the left sleeve. Grade- B

Bisons- Good job on the retro look. I've never liked their use of dark green. And their current fonts are tough to read. Grade- B+

Memphis- I like the name Redbirds. And did you see the AAA All Star game? The Memphis pitcher wore his Cardinal socks correctly with all stripes showing. Way to go! Your work on the Bluebirds is good, except the script is too "flowery." Re-do it using the Cardinals-type font. It would be much improved.

Grade- B+

Iowa- Not a lot to work with. How about an interlocking "DM' for Des Moines or incorporate the Iowa capital dome into your cap logo. That "I" is just too plain.

Grade- C

Nashville- The same look they've used forever.

Grade- D

Albuquerque- Good return to the Dukes name. Pitch your whole package to the club. I'm afraid the gold sannies won't work 'cause no one shows them anymore. And your Albuquerque script needs a little more body. Otherwise great job. Minor league teams aren't usually as anal as MLB.

Grade- A

:D

Like Bulldog, the wings are my hometown team, so I'm definitely going to have an opinion one way or another about a Red Wings concept.

While I don't feel as strongly as he does about the use of the color black in general (they've been using it since I started following them in the eighty's), I do feel strongly that they should not use black as their primary home jersey (which they currently do).

I'd really like their current uniform set (colors, wordmarks, etc.) if they just went with white at home as they did in the past 6-7 seasons. Other than that, the biggest thing I'd change is the cartoon bird ("Spikes") on the hat logo. It's just rediculous.

An idea I always thought would've been cool would be to have a lifelike Red-Winged Blackbird as the hat logo (like the Orioles). But now that they're no longer affiliated with the O's it wouldn't make much sense. So, I'd probably go with a stylized "R" or some hybrid of the ball/wing logo Bulldog mentioned (like they had in the 60's).

I'd also keep the "schoolbus yellow" color somewhere in the scheme. I really liked when they added that in '97.

Just my $.02...

Albuqerque Dukes (curently Albuqerque Isotopes)- when the Calgary Cannon relocated to Albuqerque i really felt they dropped the ball by not resurecting the Dukes so that's what i did.

As a Simpsons fan I love the choice of the 'Topes name. Me so hungy.

Good stuff by the way. Rocherster is a big improvement and I like the "I" on the Cubs cap.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 5 weeks later...
bluebirds isnt a very tough name...

Nor are Grasshoppers, Biscuits, Nuts, Travelers, Shorebirds, etc.

Names don't have to be tough in the minors... just catchy.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived