Sabres Concept

redsfan39

I started on a concept using the B/sword logo as my primary crest. But black and red have come to become Devils' colors - especially using the striping pattern you did around the waist. (Success plays a huge role in the association between these colors and the Devils over the Sabres.) I aborted my concept using darker versions of the old blue and gold because JKR did a version that was much better than what I was thinking. There's been a run on Sabres' concepts lately on these boards.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I started on a concept using the B/sword logo as my primary crest. But black and red have come to become Devils' colors - especially using the striping pattern you did around the waist. (Success plays a huge role in the association between these colors and the Devils over the Sabres.) I aborted my concept using darker versions of the old blue and gold because JKR did a version that was much better than what I was thinking. There's been a run on Sabres' concepts lately on these boards

hey vitamin good to have you back criticizing my work :D . i might do that instead- i liked how my old devils concept turned out. and not as many blue jays concepts. it seemed for like a week we had a million

hey vitamin good to have you back criticizing my work :D . i might do that instead- i liked how my old devils concept turned out. and not as many blue jays concepts. it seemed for like a week we had a million

Good to know I was missed - wedding in upstate NY, new job, etc.

Anyway, see what the B/sword would look like in the old colors or modifications thereof. I always loved the Sabres' blue and gold scheme, and the striping, but this logo may be the best chance a Buffalo team has to have a logo that does not involve a buffalo. Use the nickname, not the bastardization of the French phrase that turned into the city's name, which it happens to share with the animal.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Anyway, see what the B/sword would look like in the old colors or modifications thereof. I always loved the Sabres' blue and gold scheme, and the striping, but this logo may be the best chance a Buffalo team has to have a logo that does not involve a buffalo. Use the nickname, not the bastardization of the French phrase that turned into the city's name, which it happens to share with the animal.

you were in upstate ny? i was just there myself took a amtrak up to newark and hung around NJ and NY for a week

Wow, about 3 years ago I did almost the exact same concept for the Sabres. Same colors (Red.black,white) and the mongolia temp too. However I think I used the S sword on the white and the B sword on the dark.

It is coincident, I doubt you went back in the archives and found it to steal.

The "Beau Fleuve" theory on the origin of the city's name has no credible evidence to support it. The city was most likely named after Buffalo Creek, which in turn was named after an Indian called Buffalo (Buffalo's Creek). So, in a roundabout way, the city was named after the American bison, commonly referred to as the buffalo.

The "Beau Fleuve" theory on the origin of the city's name has no credible evidence to support it. The city was most likely named after Buffalo Creek, which in turn was named after an Indian called Buffalo (Buffalo's Creek). So, in a roundabout way, the city was named after the American bison, commonly referred to as the buffalo.

still, even if the city was named for the buffalo animal, does that mean that every team from the city has to have a buffalo in the logo? the sabers have two great logos that dont include a buffalo: the circle with the crossed sabers (alt jersey primary) and the "B/saber" alt logo. they need to ditch the buffalo head and just use those two logos.

I like the redesign. These colors makes me think "Buffalo Sabres". And thanks a mil for not using the buffalo in the logo. The nickname is Sabres.

As iconoclast pointed out, the "beau fleuve" theory I have heard many times may not be true. But icecap made my point for me better than I did - regardless of how the city was named, or for what, the football team and hockey teams are not named the Buffalo Buffaloes. The baseball team is the Bisons, so it is appropriate to have a bison in the logo. But the Bills and Sabres need to look elsewhere.

And for the record, the B/sword looks better than the S/sword.

2007nleastchamps.png

Archived