White Sox Concept Jerseys

picklesque

First off, :welcome: .

As for the jerseys, I've got a few complaints, take them for what you will.

Black at home and on the road is just overkill. 162 games in one color gets stale, not to mention extremely hot in the summer.

The uniforms - especially the road jerseys - cram WAY too many design elements that are not compatible onto one concept. The hats don't match the road jersey lettering. And so monochrome - down to the black sanitaries. Someone is going to die of heatstroke in these.

Patch overkill - it's OK to leave some blank space on a sleeve.

White belts... go with white shoes? Uh-oh.

Sometimes, less is more. This could work out, but it needs some retooling.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like 'em - great work by the new kid!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

First off, a belated :welcome: to the boards....

Well, where to begin...

I'll grant you that it's a solid concept idea and I do like some elements to it...however, and I think a lot of folks have already pointed this out, having 2 black jerseys with black pants might be a bit redundant (and needless to say sadistic seeing how hot the midwest gets during the summer)...also, the double patch idea isn't too solid...it might work in hockey or in football, but for the most part it doesn't fly on a baseball uni unless it's for a special occasion (like hosting an all-star game, being in the world series, honoring legends from the past that have passed on, or the opening or closing of a ballpark)....

I do like the usage of the old "CHICAGO" on the roads...

However, these have a serious flashback to the late 70s jerseys the Sox were rocking (the throwback double-knits, complete with fashionably trendy (at least at the time) butterfly collar).

Maybe doing one of the jerseys in white and having the pants be white on both the home and road might help out a bit....

It's got a chance to be something good, but right now...like lmu stated, I'm not feelin this one...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

It's too hot to wear pants -bring back the shorts :D

soxcontemp.jpg

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

soxcontemp.jpg

Oh dear God... :huh:... :o... :unsure:... :puke:... :cry:.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

It's too hot to wear pants -bring back the shorts :D

soxcontemp.jpg

Ya know somethin'? My ass would probably look really great in those hot pa-- I mean, shorts. However, my hairy legs would more than likely scare away all the ladies who came to look at my nice buttocks.

Plus, I wouldn't wanna have to slide feet-first anywhere on the diamond in those things.....but then again, my butt would look really great... :therock:

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

WhiteSoxinShorts1.jpgWhiteSoxinShorts2.jpg

BRING BACK THE SHORTS

Speak ill of my jerseys if you must but DO NOT speak ill of the old batter logo!!!!!! The old batter logo rocks!!!!

like the ball-in-glove logo, the batter best left in th epast, considering the fact that the white sox currently have logo in their package that represents the team name. you could stick any name under the batter logo.

KC, you've finally gone off the deep end. Too much time around screaming kids.
I believe your right . . . Bring back the shorts . . . what's wrong with me - Have I gone off the deeeeeeeep end. . :blink:

Archived