Milwaukee Brewers Concept

LMU

Here's my idea on the few tweaks that the Brewers should take to make their uniforms perfect. I'm posting this in a separate thread since the other has turned into a witchhunt against the abomination that is the ball/glove logo.

Changes:

Home-added piping

Road-added piping, replaced "Brewers" script with "Milwaukee" script from alternate logo

Alternate-added white-gold-white piping, placed Wisconsin M logo over heart, numbers on opposite side, used primary logo as sleeve patch

BP-added player's name to back and gold armpits, used angled version of "Brewers" script

EDIT: Variation 1-standard block font with dropshadow added

brewersvar1.png

VmWIn6B.png

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing the ball-in-glove logo use in updated colors for an alt. hat and jersey ONLY, but I truly think this is what they should have right now. Every bit of your concept is absolute perfection and someone needs to get those beer guzzlers on the phone and tell them to get their @$$#$ to work on getting these uni's ready for next year because these are their uni's, they just don't know it yet.................................I ramble a lot. :D

B)

I like these...definite improvement over what they have right now (just kinda feels odd to see a BrewCrew road jersey WITHOUT "Milwaukee" on it), yet still retains a classic-like feel...the only thing I don't like about this set (and it goes for the current set they wear as well) is the current name & numbering font they have....just doesn't fit the motif, IMO...

As for the ball-in-glove logo flap...I can go either way with it...it's not as bad as some may wanna make it out to be, but I can see why they wanted to move ahead after a while (it's natural)...however, those abominations they had from 94 on can stay dead as far as I'm concerned...it wasn't the Brewers to me...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I'm starting to like triple piping more as I see it more often....

I disagree with the Wisconsin-M Alternate, but the others are solid. I'd like to see them use different numbers, though.

Wouldn't mind seeing a certain other logo on that alternate, although I also liked the concept someone did a while back that had "Brew Crew" on them. Would be an interesting alternate or BP or something. Maybe a home BP?

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

These are great. Well done. I personally like the Wisconsin logo - it is a great tie-in to the home market, especially with the Minnesota Twins lurking not too far away.

Putting the city name on the roadies is a nice touch.

I am with those not liking the number/name font. Times New Roman just doesn't say baseball. That's what I dislike most about what they have now.

Any way to squeeze another reference to beermaking somewhere? An "M" on a keg? (NOT necessarily Beer Barrel Man, mind you.)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

What's everyone have against the ball and glove logo, it's simple yet, clever, I happen to like it, and I think the Brewers should modernize it and use it. :upside:

I can't speak for everyone, and I will say upfront that I do like the ball & glove logo for its remarkable creativity. My problem with it, is that is makes no connection to the concept of brewing that the team was named for. Nor does it make more than a tangential connection to the city that the team plays in. Yeah, it's an "m", but it has nothing intrinsic about it that says "Milwaukee".

While I don't like the new logo package as much as the ball & glove in terms of aesthetics - I find the new logos very unimaginative and bland - I give them credit for incorporating the barley stalk into the logo. And the wordmark bears a passing resemblance to the old logo from "Cheers", which ties it in to beer, at least subconsciously.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived