New York Firebirds

KennyRock

This is my team for the AA Fantasy League here on the boards. I reworked the whole concept, guiltlessly stealing the Pontiac firebird, cause I can't draw for anything. I figured I'd post it here for any criticism - so fire away! (P.S. - I think the larger version of the Old English "NY" is crooked cause the concept is too big, not sure)

NYFirebirdFinal2.png

Here's the original, for references' sake:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/krp...rebirdFinal.png

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Bump

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Not bad.

I'd try to find a way to incorporate the text into the primary logo more seamlessly. The old english font doesn't mix well with the flowing lines of the bird.

I can't tell what kind of font you used for "Firebirds" on the jerseys either, but that doesn't seem to flow with the strongest part of the identity either.

I do like the colours you've picked. The Shea Stadium patch is huuuge on the sleeve (I'd remove it altogether), but otherwise the jerseys seem pretty solid. Fairly conservative, which isn't a bad thing in baseball.

The BP uniform shows a bit of pizzazz (if only it was "pizzas", but "pizzazz" is okay too). Could use a little work, as once again, it doesn't quite mirror the strongest part of the design as well as it could.

All in all, a solid fantasy concept, especially if you're not dead set on original logos. :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived