Pittsburgh Pirates Concept Logo

DawgPacPBH

if that was real it would be the best mlb logo around. i too would like to see a bad ass parrot with eye black as an alternate logo, but the problem is the colors are black, yellow and red. parrots are like predominately neon green and some red and yellow and black, you would either have to incorperate green into something, or find a new color of a parrot, good luck, cant wait to see it.

This is a killer idea.

A couple of things -

1. Maybe some flesh tones - for 'tis a scurvy dog he be all pale and white as thee. (Yarrgh.)

2. Try framing the logo with the wordmark - Pittsburgh arched on top, Pirates on the bottom. It would make the baseballs less vital to fill space.

2a. One of the coolest concepts from the old Pirate logo (We Are Family era) was the pirate head was on a tattered old scroll, like a wanted poster. I always thought that looked cool and made the pirate scarier, even with that silly smile. (That, and one of my first baseball games in person was when the Pirates kidnapped the Phillie Phanatic and beat him up. That sort of thing bothers kindergartners...)

3. Any way to simulate stubble? The racing stripes through the sideburns remind me of the late '80s and junior high. Not in a good way.

QUESTION: Is that a scar beneath the unpatched eye? If it is, great idea, make it bigger. If it isn't, it should be!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

As a Pirate fan, I like the logo a lot...especially the third one with the gold outline, but I think I like the bearded bucco...even though as already stated, Macho Man Randy Savage comes to mind. (R.I.P. Miss Elizabeth) I would like to see it without the baseballs, the beard and the wordmark above and below the logo though for the full effect, Overall, though I really like the concept a ton !

Something about that parrot makes it not look like a parrot. I guess it needs more colors (blues, yellows, greens). I don't think this has to stick with the same handful of colors your other concepts have.

And the baseball's stitching needs some work. I've created a number of different looks. If you like, I can send one your way. Just PM me.

Cards.png

Archived