All i need is one color

Discrim

I put these off until just now.  I decided to use the same template as the Flames currently use because I like it a lot, but these jerseys turned out looking like cartons of Marlboro cigarettes.  Anywho, enjoy.

Home

Road

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man,

These are awesome.  Great challenge, disriminator

This is some good stuff! :)

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i'm not going to nitpick, black IS in teh duck logo, so i'm not gonna hate on it.  besides, it actually looks sharp, like the original blackhawks style would look like today.

and on the flames, somehow the whites actually look better than the real whites.  the darks, even though the same style and color are used, i can't say the same.  the restrictions i placed on teh contest sort of kill the red jersey into the purgatory of red wings lookalikes, sorry to say.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

49er fan, I usually like your work, but this I don't know about.  I personally never liked stripes that high, they look wierd.  Also, I don't think the logo and numbers on the shoulders is even possible.  You've got three things all really high up on the sleeves(#'s,logo,stripes) which leaves the rest of the sleeve empty.  And finally, the stripe design doesn't make sense without black.  The red square with a small black square is the hurricane sign, so without the black, it is just a bunch a little squares.  But that's not really your fault because you're only allowed one color.  I think this team is hard to do in one color.  You pretty much need black in my opinion.

The elements and production are there, but I think the execution is missing on this one.

i agree with sabres on teh hurricane flag striping...not your fault tho, it's mine for the one color rule.  also, i agree as far as how you did the sleeves, that's a lot of stuff to cram near the shoulder.

2016cubscreamsig.png

Yeah, I knew without the black the design wouldn't make too much sense, but I did it anyway. The 3 things up on the shoulder is a product of laziness. I put the stripes on the sleeve up too high and didn't feel like changing them so they went on the shoulder. Oh well  :D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

looks like their original helmets mixed with the current star and new practice jerseys...i feel your pain, i also hate everything about the cowpokes...except that i have loved their double star jersey since they unveiled it in October 94.  that frustrates me to no end, to be frank.

anyway, back to the critique.  just cus i said the jersey looks like their new practice jersey, doesn't mean it looks like a piece of junk.  i'd probably say no on the blue pants, though.  nice job on the sleeve trim, simple but just enough to turn a 'practice' look into a 'gameday' look.

2016cubscreamsig.png

under fifteen minutes until the most restrictive uniform contest ever is over!  if anyone has anything that they'd like to enter, do it now!  you're late, you sit.

2016cubscreamsig.png

okay, fellas...the entry booth is officially closed and submission time is OVAH!!!!

the poll is now up, and the deadline for voting is 10 pm CT on Sunday night.  gotta pay the bills, sponsorships have changed:

3rd: Bronze Reese's Piece

2nd: Papermate Silvertip Fountain Pen

Winner: Johnson Wax Gold Bug Repellent

some hardware, eh?  anyways, teh runner up can always write with a nice ass pen :;):

2016cubscreamsig.png

bug repellent?

well considering my line of work......GOODY! :D

glad you're not complaining, the awards last time were:

3rd: bronze TV dinner(sabres)

2nd: silver fishstick(49erfan)

1st: golden pizza(STL)

2016cubscreamsig.png

stuart scott: and now on to teh second game of DiscrimiBattle...the sentimental underdog, rookie AbbeyBF42, her gold Pens ain't gettin no love from the voters so far. the current story is the comeback of 49erfan, currently third in the running and closing in fast on leaders SHB and snowcap.

kevin frazier: and here with us now is Discrimihater. Discrim, we thought you wouldn't be able to top the Create-a-School battle, but you have. What's next for the Discrimibattle?

Discrim: i ain't gonna lie, i don't know man. i'll be back tomorrow to tell yall what's goin down for the next battle, though. the only hint i'll leave of possible ideas until tomorrow night is it's a bird, it's a plane...it's a frog :laugh:

stuart scott: thanks, man. you heard it here, the madman himself will be back on sportscenter to reveal his new Battle. Stay Tuned...

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived