Sign in to follow this  
redsfan39

Blue Jays Concept

i posted this about a month back and got zero responses so im reposting in the hope that i can get some now

bluejayspresentation2.png

It's a mix between the jays original identity and it's modernization... which was made stale by the gawd-awful T bird logo.

It's a mix between the jays original identity and it's modernization... which was made stale by the gawd-awful T bird logo.

i forgot the graphite ^_^

I'm all for bringing back one of these old Blue Jays concepts, but not both mixed together like this. If, say, you took the lettering from the ?97-?02 and the logo from the ?77-?96, it might look a little better. Right now, it's just too inconsistent for my liking, what with the cap logo and sleeve logo being different and all.

Isn't that what he did? The logo is the original, while the lettering is the '97-version. The bird-and-leaf-in-ball logo is fine by itself. Try making one using that logo with the '97 lettering. I also liked the cap with the big leaf on it with the bird inside. Kind of an off-handed tribute to the old baseball Leafs of the International League. Their cap was among my all-time favorites. :flagcanada: OK, BLUE JAYS, LET'S PLAY BALL! :flagcanada:

Which bird head is on the sleeve logo? Because the bird head from the Big Maple Leaf Era was a modernization of the Original Bird Head, and using both would look awkward. IMO the original was better. And I like the concept, especially without the coy blue jay showing off his leaf tattoo.