I can't believe....

Wel lwe all knew Lance was going to win a few days ago, which is amazing, but its a boring sport.

I had a friend chew me out for saying it was boring to watch... his reason why it wasn't boring? "It takes a lot of endurance to do what they do".

While I agree with that statement, it surely doesn't make the event any more entertaining for me to watch.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I've been watching every weekend. It's not nearly as boring as golf or tennis.

I'd go so far as to say that it's better than watching NASCAR... and how many millions of viewers do THEY get every week?

Yesterday's time trials were actaully pretty exciting. No attacks or strageties, just a constant stream of man vs the clock.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

If from I heard was true, he didn't win any of the stages, or he didn't win very many. So how is it you can win the whole race, but win a majority of the pieces of the race?

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

If from I heard was true, he didn't win any of the stages, or he didn't win very many. So how is it you can win the whole race, but win a majority of the pieces of the race?

Armstrong won one stage, yesterday's time trial.

The overall standings are based on cumulative time of all the stages, so it's possible to win the whole Tour without ever winning a single stage.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

WiB, I also started to watch the Tour de France this year. It was basically an Adieu tour for Armstrong.

The reason I was so hooked up on it is because of he strategy teams use together to start or to repress a breakaway. The first stages are not that interesting, but when it gets to the mountain stage, this is where it gets interesting. They manage the tour as they would any course, knowing exactly how much time you can give to your opponent, without being in any danger in the general standings.

Plus, I've seen breakaways take almost 25 mins on the pack and they have been sometimes caught up by the pack. Now that's something to watch!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived