indiana pacers logo concept

Davey

Not bad. White text over white ball isn't a good idea, though. Since the text extends outside the navy blue circle, I'd probably leave the ball white and colour in the text yellow, just for some contrast between the two. The silver outline on the text wouldn't be enough to set it apart from the ball at a distance. I like the font, though. It's a good start.

Not bad. White text over white ball isn't a good idea, though. Since the text extends outside the navy blue circle, I'd probably leave the ball white and colour in the text yellow, just for some contrast between the two. The silver outline on the text wouldn't be enough to set it apart from the ball at a distance. I like the font, though. It's a good start.

ok how about now. i changed the basketball to grey, because their was to much yellow and i think . How it look now lol ?

pacers12.png

4kv29i.jpg

ok how about now. i changed the basketball to grey, because their was to much yellow and i think . How it look now lol ?

pacers12.png

I personally think there is too much blue space between the ball and the outline of the ball. I think the font works good, though. Maybe try just using the pieces of the ball behind the wordmark- like eliminating the blue area with yellow outline?

I personally think there is too much blue space between the ball and the outline of the ball. I think the font works good, though. Maybe try just using the pieces of the ball behind the wordmark- like eliminating the blue area with yellow outline?

so you saying just keep the workmark and the basketball ? i had another suggestion just have a word mark inside the blue circle, such as est. - 1976 or something like that.

4kv29i.jpg

Is the navy a tire? Someone else is working on a secondary like that, and the ring wound up looking like a tire.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Is the navy a tire? Someone else is working on a secondary like that, and the ring wound up looking like a tire.

what is ? the only thing is behind the wordmark, its the basketball, and a circle. im lost the point ur trying to make.

4kv29i.jpg

ok i did some more tuch ups now. I sized down the circle, and i relocated the basketball so u could see it better and know what it is . I also made a i secondary logo. What do ya think now lol.

pacers2.pngpca.png

4kv29i.jpg

I was referring to the thick navy ring surrounding the basketball. The name "Pacers" refers to pace cars at the Indy 500. You could have made the navy circle more than just a navy circle if you tweaked it in a different direction. You could have turned it into a tire, then written the suggested inscription "INDIANA PACERS, EST. 1976 (or '67 if you count ABA time)" around the ring the same way that MICHELIN or FIRESTONE is written around tires.

But you didn't go that way, so my suggestion is moot. As for what you've got now... meh. It's a basketball and a wordmark. It's like the LA Lakers' (or Clippers') logo without the motion lines trailing the ball, and a different font for the wordmark. It's also awfully close to their blood rival's logo, now that the Pistons went back to the basketball with wordmark overtop the ball as their primary and ditched the horse.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived