Another eBay Jewel

Brass

I don't get it - what's the problem with this ad?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

aside from Billy Guerin never playing for the Whalers, that is one horrible jersey

even for a house league which I am sure is where it came from. The posting

never says it was game worn or anything and they are stretching things by saying it's

"vintage". They probably just didn't do their homework and assumed the name meant him.

I didn't know that Bill Guerin didn't play for the Whalers, but since he isn't advertising it as a game worn or authentic jersey, I don't see how that matters. It is a crappy jersey, but not a misleading ad in any way.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oh, where to begin...

The screened on logo?

The incorrect colors on the logo? (correct: whale tail in blue, negative space "H" in silver, bottom of logo in green

The incorrect colors of the color? (correct, from closest to the neck to most distant: white stripe, green stripe, silver stripe)

The ultra-thin mesh better suited to football practice jerseys?

The incorrect numbering font? (correct: same font as NJ Devils, without the 3D effect, outlined in green... and maybe silver?)

The incorrect lettering font? (correct: standard NHL varsity, same as NJ Devils, but without outlined letters, far more angular than what is used here)

Or...

The fact that Bill Guerin never played for Hartford? (NJ, Edmonton, Boston, Dallas)

The fact that Bill Guerin never wore #19? (#9 with EDM, #13 with DAL, BOS, US Nat'l. Team, #12 with NJ)

I do give them credit for spelling the name correctly. I like how it says "previously worn". For the record, all of my jerseys are also previously worn. By me. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Oh, where to begin...

The screened on logo?

The incorrect colors on the logo? (correct: whale tail in blue, negative space "H" in silver, bottom of logo in green

The incorrect colors of the color? (correct, from closest to the neck to most distant: white stripe, green stripe, silver stripe)

The incorrect numbering font? (correct: same font as NJ Devils, without the 3D effect, outlined in green... and maybe silver?)

The incorrect lettering font? (correct: standard NHL varsity, same as NJ Devils, but without outlined letters, far more angular than what is used here)

Or...

The fact that Bill Guerin never played for Hartford? (NJ, Edmonton, Boston, Dallas)

The fact that Bill Guerin never wore #19? (#9 with EDM, #13 with DAL, BOS, US Nat'l. Team, #12 with NJ)

I do give them credit for spelling the name correctly. I like how it says "previously worn". For the record, all of my jerseys are also previously worn. By me. :P

well said ^_^

What could explain it is it was for some kids house league team and his last name just happened to be Guerin.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Do people sell Dog-Shizza on EBay too, just like this jersey. How can these people sleep? I just want to show up at their home and punch them in the face as they open the door. Idiots :cursing:

Let the buyer beware

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I almost posted this link the other night, and I'm a big Guerin fan as well as a Whale fan when they existed.

I even checked his stats online. He never played for the Whalers, and this jersey looks like crap. :)

mainescarf.png

Guys, I can tell ya off hand that he never played for the Whalers. (Hell, name any player and I can tell ya if he played for the Whale or not.)

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Guys, I can tell ya off hand that he never played for the Whalers. (Hell, name any player and I can tell ya if he played for the Whale or not.)

Michael Jordan?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This one does not bother me too much since I don't think it used words like "authentic".

Some people try to flat out lie to you. This guy just does not really understand his product. If anyone buys it thinking it is a nice Whaler jersey, then they don't really care that much about detail anyway.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Oh, where to begin...

The screened on logo?

Or...

I guess theres nothing much else to add. He covered it all :D

teamsnew2.png

Let the buyer beware

And if the Scout winds up at the seller's front door with his fist cocked, let the seller beware! :P

I'm surprised people don't try this $h*t more often - find someone who's got a name in common with a pro and try to pass the jersey off as authentic. We had a "Thomas" and a "Miller" on my high school team; anybody looking for game-worn UGA knockoffs?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived