Michaels and Theismann for MNF

Pat

I know I don't like one of the guys who was in the booth for Sunday Night Football, but I haven't seen it in so long, I can't remember if it was Theismann or the other guy.

Ah, screw it ... Bring back Dennis Miller! :D

Where's Madden goin?

NBC's new sunday nighter.

And Maddens great. Sure hes obvious, and comically dumb at times but he makes some broadcasts so enjoyable. Plus he has a great game...

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

uuugghh.....i absolutely cannot stand theismann. he thinks every stinkin' play is "the greatest play i've EVER SEEN." especially when michael vick is playing. its a 3 hour love fest.

he's right behind joe buck for the worst NFL commentator.

michaels, on the other hand, is probably the best and most recognizable voice in sports. i've never seen someone crossover so well from sport to sport as Al.

Costas is hosting the studio show in the James Brown role, not commentating on the show.

And Madden is too busy deciding whether to suck off Brady or Favre to do anything real.

And THEZZMAN is the worst commentator ever. He can go break his leg agaon.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I like Joe T's enthusiasum - he's the 'get excited' guy. I like the team they've got, just have to wait 2 years before we know how they did.

Kansas-BB-banner.pngΒ My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021Β  Β  Β  Β  Β St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)Β Β 2023 ChampionsΒ  Β  Β Kansas City Cattle (CL)

THEEZMAN is the most overly negative guy ever. He always second guesses the coach/QB, and is usually wrong when he does so. He hasn't been worth anything since he snapped his leg.

You used to hold me

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

-President Carter

He always second guesses the coach/QB, and is usually wrong when he does so.

I can't argue with that - but he usually plays a "devils advocate" roll - he's often wrong more than he is right, but I still like him.

BTW: I was watching that game when he LT snapped his leg.

Kansas-BB-banner.pngΒ My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021Β  Β  Β  Β  Β St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)Β Β 2023 ChampionsΒ  Β  Β Kansas City Cattle (CL)

He is always wrong, though. Couple that with his unfunny cracks, his overratedness (as a player and a commentaotr), and the fact that he leagally changed his name to rhyme with 'Heisman', and he can burn.

You used to hold me

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

-President Carter

Not a bad choice. I'm glad Michaels didn't jump to NBC. I wish NBC would hire Costas to do play by play, I really don't want Albert, or Hammond, or Breen to be the play by play man (according to the news articles, they're the candidates). Albert should stick to Westwood One.

David

Ah, screw it ... Bring back Dennis Miller! :D

Hey I liked him on MNF--he brought something different and the games seemd less boring when it was a boring game...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Not a bad choice. I'm glad Michaels didn't jump to NBC. I wish NBC would hire Costas to do play by play, I really don't want Albert, or Hammond, or Breen to be the play by play man (according to the news articles, they're the candidates). Albert should stick to Westwood One.

David

It's probably gonna be Hammond that gets the seat next to Madden on the NBC package...not that it's a bad thing, seeing he'll just call the game and not try to one-up Madden...besides, Hammond actually makes the Notre Lame games on NBC somewhat worthwhile to watch as he calls a pretty solid game.

Breen probably won't leave ABC/ESPN b/c he's got a good deal doing his first calling, namely the NBA...

Marv, well, I have to agree there...he's great on radio and IMO, he's much more solid calling hoops than football to begin with.

Costas, as it's been stated, is gonna be the studio host....something he was the last time NBC had football...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

I would've liked Keith Jackson to do MNF. He's the man for college game broadcasts and he could easily switch over to pro football. I saw some USFL re-runs on ESPN Classic where he was the main commentator. He still works well today, and he doesn't gush over every play. He has an "I call 'em like they happen" tone, but still manages to make the game sound like a memorable epic. No dig against Al Michaels, but I think Jackson would be better (albeit older). Thank God Madden isn't on there anymore, I got tired of watching MNF with the TV's "mute" on. I called it quits listening to that windbag after he kept going on about how New England should have run out the clock instead of going for the win in Super Bowl XXXVI.

For some of you unfamilliar with Jackson, he also narrates the Gatorade ad featuring some foolhardy tri-athelete who broke down in Hawai'i "50 metres before the finish"

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Keith Jackson was Monday Night Football's play-by-play announcer during the show's inaugural season in 1970.

I'd say that Tom Hammond is the slight favorite to be named play-by-play announcer on NBC's new Sunday night NFL broadcasts, with Marv Albert just behind him. Costas will be paired with Cris Collinsworth in the NBC studio on the broadcasts.

Archived