NFL Sept. 11 patches?

officeglenn

the mets wore NYPD and FDNY hats for a while after that. the yankees i think might have done it for just one game-- but that might have been only torre i cant remember right now. the yankees did change their NY logo on the field to a red and blue with white stars NY logo.

The Yankees didn't wear anything other than their regular NY caps on-field. Don't remember if Torre did at the game, but I would tend to doubt it.

The Mets also added text to their sleeve, I think it might have been for the following season as well.

the mets wore NYPD and FDNY hats for a while after that. the yankees i think might have done it for just one game-- but that might have been only torre i cant remember right now. the yankees did change their NY logo on the field to a red and blue with white stars NY logo.

The Yankees didn't wear anything other than their regular NY caps on-field. Don't remember if Torre did at the game, but I would tend to doubt it.

The Mets also added text to their sleeve, I think it might have been for the following season as well.

Yankees wore a black armband for the rest of 2001.

Mets wore the 9-11-01 with two american flags around it on their sleeves for the rest of 2001 and all of 2002.

The Rangers wore a ribbon on their shoulders for the 2001/02 season, the Capitals wore a US Flag in the shape of a pentagon with 9 11 in black in front of it for 2001/02, and the LA Kings wore an A (with a maple leaf filling the middle of the A) and an M with stars and stripes on their sweaters for their two scouts that died on one of the planes.

All MLB teams wore the U.S. Flag on the back of their jersey, covering the MLB logo, for the remainder of the 2001 season.

All NBA teams wore a ribbon with the U.S. Flag on their jerseys (The Raptors wore a US and Canadian flag on theirs) for the 2001/02 season.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

and the LA Kings wore an A (with a maple leaf filling the middle of the A) and an M with stars and stripes on their sweaters for their two scouts that died on one of the planes.

I'm glad someone finally explained that one. The Manchester Monarchs (the LA Kings AHL affiliate) wore the same patch on their jerseys, but even up close I couldn't tell what it was.

The letters must have been for Ace Bailey and Mark Bavis.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

and the LA Kings wore an A (with a maple leaf filling the middle of the A) and an M with stars and stripes on their sweaters for their two scouts that died on one of the planes.

I'm glad someone finally explained that one. The Manchester Monarchs (the LA Kings AHL affiliate) wore the same patch on their jerseys, but even up close I couldn't tell what it was.

The letters must have been for Ace Bailey and Mark Bavis.

You got it, A for Ace, M for Mark.

I've never been able to get a good copy of that logo -- memorial logos are nearly impossible to find in high quality.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You're right. I meant they didn't wear any special caps, the way the Mets did.

You're right. I meant they didn't wear any special caps, the way the Mets did.

The Yankees wore the NYPD, FDNY, and NY-NJ Port Authority caps in pre-game ceremonies. The LA Kings I believe wore a patch too as they lost one of their scouts in one of the planes that crashed.

Archived