Bengals uniform change?

swilson160

I think that the bengals uniforms are awesome. I have a Carson Palmer jersey. Just because they are different people are saying they are ugly. They aren't ugly. I don't see what the big deal about the white stripe is. When they first made the new helmets, everyone said they were the ugliest helmets in the league too.

gallery041114-1.jpg

gallery041128-6.jpg

gallery041205-6.jpg

Come on! Those are sweet!

And about making the crowd realistic... I believe that just about every game last season was sold out. And all games but 2 this season are sold out.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, the only ones that look bad are the whites, because they have that dumb drop-down different colored nameplate. They could match the pants a tad better, though. I have a Chad Johnson black jersey, and it's sweet.

i love the black jersey white pants and the white jersey with the black pants and all white the other two combo's are disgusting all black sucks and the orange jerseys black pants are foolish . i would'nt mind seeing the orange jerseys matched up with the white pants once a year.

The Bengals unis have really grown on me over the past year. At first I absolutely hated everything about them. Now I am used to things like the black pants and number font. At this point, the only things that I still hate are 1) the orange yoke on the white jersey, 2) the logo above the numbers instead of the wordmark, 3) the white stripe up the sides of the jerseys, and 4) the orange stripes on black sleeves.

If they were to get rid of those things, I would like the uniforms a lot. Unfortunately, until they actually do get rid of those things, the uniforms still look gaudy and awful.

i love the black jersey white pants and the white jersey with the black pants and all white the other two combo's are disgusting all black sucks and the orange jerseys black pants are foolish . i would'nt mind seeing the orange jerseys matched up with the white pants once a year.

I agree that the black jersey/white pants combo is sweet. I think the all black is awesome, and I also like the orange/black combo.

IMO, Orange jerseys and white pants would look horrible.

the orange socks must be kept when wearing the black pants for fear of the dreaded leotard look. same color socks as pants is a major uni no no.

well i like the "leotard" look

the Bengals did it once last year:

palmer_gameday041212.jpg

gallery041212-9.jpg

very cool and better then the orange socks IMHO

heck the Jags and Chargers have the 'leotard' look

heck the Jags and Chargers have the 'leotard' look

Just because they do it, doesn't make it right, or that others should copy it. The Redskins tried it and got panned for it.

And while we're on the topic, how many all-black tigers have you seen? A little orange is necessary for this package. Just because black sells merchandise doesn't mean you have to ditch half of your color package. Black and orange work for plenty of teams: Orioles, SF Giants, Flyers... Princeton, Uof Pacific...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I got this from the EASports->Madden06 site it looks like it's the bengals style lettering to me, could be wrong Bengal.png

EDIT: already posted this image

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i love the new bengals uniforms, i liked the old ones and when i saw the plans for these i was floored. i liked the concept of the different colored sleeves with the stripes and i actually do like the yoked away jerseys. the black/white works for me and the white/black works for me. orange/black, not so much i would like to see orange/white, the all blacks are okay and i dont even mind the "leotard look". but i must admit i am one of the many the insist on the ridding of those white stripes on the sides of both the black and orange jerseys. they dont go with anything, especially the stripes on the pants, theyre especially awful on the orange jerseys. i also think a wordmark would be better than the "b" under the collar and i would have liked to see them keep the old tiger logo instead of changing it to the b.

Does anyone know why the black doesnt go all the way up on the sides of the pants where the stripes are? theres orange stripes but on a white background. You can see it clearly in the picture of Houshmanzadeh that ShaftDu posted. Is it supposed to blend into the white stripe on the jersey? It makes it look kind of unfinished, but I kind of like it. I just got a new Bengals hat, and its on there too.

75502421_xl.jpg

I actually liked the Bungles look at first, but the more I look at them, the worst they appear. I hate the number font, especially with the drop shadow, I hate the white side stripe, and I hate how the pants start to have white stripes mixed in.

VmWIn6B.png

The reason for the white stripe and the blend from orange-black to all white is to simulate the gradual progression to white under the arms of actual tigers.

sagystnd.jpg

While I appreciate what they were trying to do, it didn't work out well, and they should try something different.

Oh, and everyone should go ahead and get their "bungles" jokes in now while they still can. It will seem a bit silly to be referring to one of the best teams in the AFC as "bungles" once the season starts to unfold.

:P

The reason for the white stripe and the blend from orange-black to orange-white is to simulate the gradual progression to white under the arms of actual tigers.

While I appreciate what they were trying to do, it didn't work out well, and they should try something different.

Oh, and everyone should go ahead and get their "bungles" jokes in now while they still can. It will seem a bit silly to be referring to one of the best teams in the AFC as "bungles" once the season starts to unfold.

Fat 300-pound linemen don't look like tigers, so they should ditch those horrendous stripes. Who was the genius who thought people could look as graceful as tigers?

And I'm not so sure about your "best team in the AFC" there... :P

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Somehow, I think there's a little team from Pittsburgh and a little team from Foxboro that are gonna have a LOT to say about that....

^_^

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Who Dey!

The Steelers aren't doing anything this season. The Pats are going to be way down this year. The Bengals offense is going to be the best in the AFC. If the defense improves the run D, we're going to be surprising a lot of people this season. First we need to get Pollack and Thurman signed!!

Best quote of the year:

"The Bengals are the sleeper pick to end the Patriots riegn in the AFC this season" --Chris Mortensen

WHO DEY

Fat 300-pound linemen don't look like tigers, so they should ditch those horrendous stripes. Who was the genius who thought people could look as graceful as tigers?

I don't think having stripes on the jerseys is trying to fool people into thinking that there are actual tigers on the field.

Archived