The Canadian Football League

ZBoyer

9 soon to be 10 teams

Soon to be 10?

To me Windsor seems ill used as a CFL city, they have Detroit directly accross the lake which, IMO, would raise the city in terms of possible attendance.

They're currently looking into expanding into the Martimes. That's why they had an exhibition game at the start of the season.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

the cfl field is too wide.

funny you say that...back in football's early days, American fields were as big as Canadian fields. Back in 1906, Walter Camp and company were trying to decide how to open up play, and it was down to making the field bigger or some radical idea that not even Camp was sure would never work. The folks from Harvard pointed to their recently-built stadium, which was too small to house the proposed new dimensions...so they nixed the wider field idea, and ironically shrunk it to be in line with Harvard. The radical idea of throwing the ball forward was adopted...and the rest is history. B)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The NFL doesn't want to stamp out the CFL just yet. The NFL basically not only gets away with using the CFL as their developmental league without having to label it as such, [snip]

How many players have started their careers in the CFL and have gone on to have NFL careers?

It's not a developmental league for the NFL. (I just wish I could watch it :cry: )

It's where I sit.

Archived