Winnipeg Jets

Mr. no funny nickname

Looks OK. The blue one kind of reminds me of the old Toronto Toros.

About your bottom signature. Because the 1994 World Series was not played, MLB decreed that the two-time defending World Champion Toronto Blue Jays remain the champs until the completion of the 1995 series. So technically the Jays were the '94 champions!

SCOREBOARD- Toronto 3, Montreal 0, as in nothing, nada, zippo, zilch!

OK, BLUE JAYS, LET'S PLAY BALL! :flagcanada::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::flagcanada:

About your bottom signature. Because the 1994 World Series was not played, MLB decreed that the two-time defending World Champion Toronto Blue Jays remain the champs until the completion of the 1995 series. So technically the Jays were the '94 champions!

OK, BLUE JAYS, LET'S PLAY BALL! :flagcanada:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :flagcanada:

Montreal Expos - 74-40, best record in baseball, 6 games ahead of Atlanta Braves.

Toronto Blue Jays - 55-60, 16 games back of the Yankees, 12 games back of wild card.

CanadiensBanners.jpg

banners-1-1.jpg

Sexy!

Dude, shorten your sig, can you praise the Leafs a little less then what your doing right now?

But he's got one Maple Leaf for every 4 years since the last time the Leafs made the finals... (and so shouls also have a partial Leaf as well!) :D

As for the concept--the blue's a bit different--but it would work...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Sexy!

Dude, shorten your sig, can you praise the Leafs a little less then what your doing right now?

But he's got one Maple Leaf for every 4 years since the last time the Leafs made the finals... (and so shouls also have a partial Leaf as well!) :D

As for the concept--the blue's a bit different--but it would work...

you know when the flames made the finals we leafs fans cheered you guys on because you were representing canada. would you guys ever return the favor? i'm starting to doubt it.

OK, BLUE JAYS, LET'S PLAY BALL!

Montreal Expos - 74-40, best record in baseball, 6 games ahead of Atlanta Braves.

Toronto Blue Jays - 55-60, 16 games back of the Yankees, 12 games back of wild card.

yes, but you see the 1994 world series NEVER happened. so until the braves won the 1995 ws the blue jays were still world champions throughout 1994.

Oops--I posted a response to a different thread--

so any way--

Just pointing out an inconsistency in a Leafs' fan's bragging--

hey I'm glad you were cheering for the Flames--but in the big picture...

What difference would it make who you cheered for?

(I always cheer for the Argos when they play the Eskimos)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

hey I'm glad you were cheering for the Flames--but in the big picture...

What difference would it make who you cheered for?

(I always cheer for the Argos when they play the Eskimos)

national pride. not much else. but why do we cheer for canada during the olympics? national pride. the stanley cup will always be canadian (lord stanley was canada's governor general to those who didn't know). so when the flames became first canadian team since the canucks in 1994 got a chance to bring the cup home i cheered for them out of national pride. hell, i think i'd cheer for the habs if they played for the cup against an american team.

one flaw i find in us canadians is that we tend to think our personal regions are better then the rest of the country. the joke that ontarians think they are the centre of the universe has some truth to that. quebec always threatens to seperate, the west despise ontario because they dont have a big enough say in the government (and i've heard of the western sepratist movement gaining momentum). the atlantic provinces, well actually i cant think of anything for them. needless to say i've never bought into the myth that ontario is the gretest thing since sliced bread. i love it for sure, but it's no better then any other province. so when it comes to hockey i feel that we as a nation need to stick together. when we're playing each other, it's on. but when one of us is up against an american team we need to get behind that team. weather that team is the leafs, flames, habs, sens, oilers, canucks, and hopefully one day the jets.

oh, and surprisingly i always cheer for the stampeders when they play the al's. :D

Yeah, bite into that weenie!!!! Although the WS would've been played that year if Mr. Selig would've done something to avert the strike. What a weenie! If he hadn't taken over as commisioner, Montreal would still be battling the Braves for the division lead today.

And BTW, I always cheer for the Alouettes! Nobody else! All others can battle amongst themselves.

Archived