Sign in to follow this  
dannymits

A New Chicago Bull

Adobe Illustrator will take some getting used to...

I've drawn a bull head, with the Chicago Bulls in mind. It looks something fierce.

Since it's more illustration than logo, I request suggestions.

bull.gif

Looks sorta like a deformed piece of bacon with a face and horns.

EDIT: Now, that I look at it closer, if you made it look meaner it would be a pretty nice logo.

Why does he have 2 mouths? :blink:

lol...yea

looks good as an illustration...i'd like to see this develop

I appreciate the responses. Using everyone's input, I've modified the initial drawing.

2dbull.gif

As you can see, the bull is no longer breakfast meat inspired. It's a bit angrier, also. In addition, I've tweaked the nose and face.

Let me know if this is a step in the right direction.

It is.

I'd use some black around the mouth, so you can see what is open mouth and what isn't. (The mouth is open, right?)

Also, the thick black lines only separate areas of different colors at the ears and around the eyes. Everywhere else, it is setting boundaries that don't exist, as the color is the same on both sides of the black line. It gives it the look of a coloring book design where the artist didn't stay within the lines, if you catch my drift. It could be my monitor, but even so, the colors are too subtle on either side of the lines to warrant such thick black lines.

a CHICAGO Bull should be ( primarily ) RED. and w/ much meaner (and focused) looking eyes... thus the phrase bulls EYE.

a CHICAGO Bull should be ( primarily ) RED. and w/ much meaner (and focused) looking eyes... thus the phrase bulls EYE.

just curious, whay are you emphasizing CHICAGO about the Bulls being red?

It is.

I'd use some black around the mouth, so you can see what is open mouth and what isn't. (The mouth is open, right?)

Also, the thick black lines only separate areas of different colors at the ears and around the eyes. Everywhere else, it is setting boundaries that don't exist, as the color is the same on both sides of the black line. It gives it the look of a coloring book design where the artist didn't stay within the lines, if you catch my drift. It could be my monitor, but even so, the colors are too subtle on either side of the lines to warrant such thick black lines.

i agree...it all looks too much like a cartoon illustration, and the thick lines make it flat...use the thick lines for an outline on the whole thing...keep goin tho, this has potential