Green Bay Packer Concept

quantum

...but I made a project out of learning Illustrator by putting a new spin on the Pack. I modified the Lambeau Field logo for a secondary.

Green-Bay-concept.png

Comments welcome (and expected). :D

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Is the new helmet color supposed to be metallic? If so, do the pants match?

It looks mostly like what the Pack looks like now, but with the color bleached out. It's well done, but the concept doesn't thrill me. Then again, trying to remake the Packers is like remaking the Yankees - there's a lot of baggage you'll have to overcome making a good concept, and it's hard to detach what has been ingrained in our heads from what we see.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Is the new helmet color supposed to be metallic?  If so, do the pants match?

The helmet and pants are both the champagne silver used by the USFL Panthers. I started just redrawing the lambeau logo, and it expanded into the uniform. I thought about using the tan they use in their throwback uniforms, but I thought it was too close to the yellow they already have. In the early 90s, the team talked of dropping the strips from the jersey and pants, and so I went with the sleeve logo only.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm not a fan of minimizing the yellow in favor of gold as much as you did.

I think there needs to be more color added to both jerseys, either in sleeve stripes or some sort of an outline of the numbers. (EDIT - the problem in dropping the sleeve stripes now is that there are fashion jerseys out that have done just that, and placed the "G" on the sleeve. They don't look good)

I hate wordmarks above numbers. If you can't tell whose jesrsey it is without declaring it above the numbers, your design has failed.

I'm intrigued by what you did with the helmet logo and striping. I want to dislike it because you've changed MY TEAM, but I'm finding myself liking it.

Work on the jersey -- you're on a good path here (not that I want them to change, either).

It's where I sit.

The helmet and pants are both the champagne silver used by the USFL Panthers. I started just redrawing the lambeau logo, and it expanded into the uniform. I thought about using the tan they use in their throwback uniforms, but I thought it was too close to the yellow they already have. In the early 90s, the team talked of dropping the strips from the jersey and pants, and so I went with the sleeve logo only.

Champagne silver was my guess. I feel like I'm in a PANTONE-generated thread.

I guess that could work as a color - but like I said, it's hard to see a Packers concept and NOT see the usual gold and green. And the stripes - I wish they'd bring back the ones they took off a few years ago.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Aside from it being for a team that shouldn't change - I really like this. Maybe adding a little of the champagne to the jersey - I'm thinking maybe for the collar and the ends of the sleeves or even to the numbers (if it wouldn't make them too hard to see) - might be nice. Also, I think it would be nice to add a stripe of the champagne to the socks between the green and white.

I love the logo, btw.

These are really really nice :D

The only thing they need, IMO, are a bit of stripe detail on the sleeves (maybe below where ya got the secondary logo (which is pretty sweet on there, btw) )...

Granted it's the Packers and folks would get into a tizzy if they actually went and changed stuff up, I do think the champagne color works VERY well for them...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

(EDIT - the problem in dropping the sleeve stripes now is that there are fashion jerseys out that have done just that, and placed the "G" on the sleeve. They don't look good)

yeah, I know about them Walmart jerseys. I wouldn't touch one...

anyhow, I was intrigued by teh fact that you kept gold while adding champagne, but it looks surprisingly good :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks for all the comments.

I always liked the tan that they used for the throwback uniforms. But I also thought the tan was too close to yellow to be used as a third color in any redesign. Old gold and silver are overused. The champagne provides a tarnished silver look I thought would work with an older team. Plus, there is enough contrast between the champagne and yellow for acceptability. As for the jerseys, they do come off a bit plain. I'll have to think on what approach I'll take with version2. Probably more yellow to balance out the colors more.

The secondary was fun drawing. I needed to get back into using illustrator, and the first project turned out pretty well.

Thanks again.

shysters_sm.jpg

The yellow and old-gold clash pretty badly, especially when placed right next to each other. The simplicity of the jersey doesn't match the striping on the pants/helmet.

This is a definite step backwards for the Pack. Sorry.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Not a fan at all.

Silver for the pack? No way. Also the sleeves are bare, and the Lambeau logo doesn;t work too well on the jersey IMO.

Of course if it was up to me the Pack jerseys would be locked away so noone could ever touch them, so don't take my comments too seriously!

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Archived