Stupidest Question Ever

dirwuf

Wasn't it because MLB failed to tell that that they would wear dark even tho they were the home team so the Yankees could wear the pinstripes? Seems like I remember that was the reason they wore the BPs, but I'm not positive on that.

Wasn't it because MLB failed to tell that that they would wear dark even tho they were the home team so the Yankees could wear the pinstripes? Seems like I remember that was the reason they wore the BPs, but I'm not positive on that.

Yeah, MLB & the Yanks wanted the pinstripes (for marketing purposes), but they forgot to tell the D-Rays. Tampa Bay only brought the home uniforms and the BP jerseys. Ergo, the D-Rays had to wear the BP jerseys.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I'm not so sure. I know the Phillies once wore their powder blue uniforms at home, though at the moment I can't find the year. They got crushed in that game though, so they never did it again.

You may be thinking about the solid maroon (pants and jersey) uniforms that the Phillies wore for one game in 1979.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...meline_1979.htm

I'm not so sure.  I know the Phillies once wore their powder blue uniforms at home, though at the moment I can't find the year.  They got crushed in that game though, so they never did it again.

You may be thinking about the solid maroon (pants and jersey) uniforms that the Phillies wore for one game in 1979.

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/exhibits...meline_1979.htm

Actually, I'm not - this was a separate incident.

LvZYtbZ.png

It seems silly for MLB to continue the tradition of grey road uniforms. Back in the old days, their uniforms would get dirty and would look grey on road trips since they couldn't do laundry in the 1880s. I suppose that's where the tradition started.

If I had my way, every team would be like the 1979 Pirates and have nine different colored uniform combinations, none of which would be grey. B)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I have a foggy, distant memory of when the White Sox played a handful of home games in Milwaukee in 1968 & 69, that they wore their road grays, even though they were designted the home team.

Maybe I'm wrong...anyone got photos from these games?

Archived