NFL Blitz Logos for Next Year

Perfect Zero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what they're trying to do here.

In the absence of NFL licensing, they've created an entirely fictional league. But instead of limiting it to just team names, they've created player personalities and an entire timeline history of the league. Check out that timeline. It's pretty cool.

NEW ENGLAND REGULARS? :blink:

As in, members of a "regular" army (i.e. a professional army), as opposed to individual local militia.

During the early days of the American Revolution, the colonies did not have a professional army (aka, a "regular" or "standing" army). Each colony provided its own defense through the use of local militia. Generally speaking, these local militiamen came and went as they saw fit. By extension, they lacked adequate training and discipline to contend with the occupying British forces.

In 1775, the Continental Congress established an army of "regulars" (i.e. professional soldiers). The Continental Army was placed under the command of George Washington. Its ranks were often bolstered by cooperation with local militia.

In short, the New England Regulars of NFL Blitz are named after members of the Continental Army in the American Revolutionary War.

so is this a game or a league, or a combination of both ... im so confused :wacko:

Both. Since EA bought out the NFL, Blitz is taking them on with "The League." 17 fictional teams, but a great game to take on Madden. LT was saying that the next Blitz is more real than Madden because of the hits and stuff you never see.

NEW ENGLAND REGULARS? :blink:

As in, members of a "regular" army (i.e. a professional army), as opposed to individual local militia.

During the early days of the American Revolution, the colonies did not have a professional army (aka, a "regular" or "standing" army). Each colony provided its own defense through the use of local militia. Generally speaking, these local militiamen came and went as they saw fit. By extension, they lacked adequate training and discipline to contend with the occupying British forces.

In 1775, the Continental Congress established an army of "regulars" (i.e. professional soldiers). The Continental Army was placed under the command of George Washington. Its ranks were often bolstered by cooperation with local militia.

In short, the New England Regulars of NFL Blitz are named after members of the Continental Army in the American Revolutionary War.

Good explanation, but in the context of the Revolutionary War, the word "regulars" has a much stronger association with the Britsh Army. The Continental Army was still pretty ragtag for quite some time after it became official.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm not surprised there's no Pittsburgh team.

Ditto Philadelphia. What gives?

Arizona Outlaws... if you're going to steal a name, at least add their kick-a$$ pants from USFL Year 2!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm somehwat surprised there's no Milwuakee team...but I shouldn't be surprised if one Hal Davison goes to court over subliminal use of his name :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

BLcom_profile_nightmre_name.gif

It's my softball team's name

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Arizona Outlaws... if you're going to steal a name, at least add their kick-a$$ pants from USFL Year 2!

What name was stolen?? I thought the USFL team was the Arizona Wranglers... sorry VitaminD...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What name was stolen?? I thought the USFL team was the Arizona Wranglers... sorry VitaminD...

Not as sorry as I am... :blush::down:

My bad. Thanks for pointing that out. See? $^&*^#$ Blitz even fooled ME! :P

But the Wranglers did have kick-a$$ pants...

EDIT: SALVATION! Thanx a mil, Natsfan. Look below. I'm not losing my mind - about this, at least...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You've got it on the Wranglers-Outlaws merger. Michigan and Oakland also paired up that season, which unfortunately led to the end of Champagne, Plum, and Carolina Blue.

I'm really liking the backstory they've thrown together for this game. It shows they're putting together a fully fleshed-out effort. It probably also helps that Midway hired people who worked on the series "Playmakers" to develop the various storylines. And I'm thinking those folks might have a teeny bit of an axe to grind against the NFL, seeing as how, you know, that league was wholly responsible for the cancellation of their successful series.

I'm also interested in this three-division format they've created. Reminds me of English soccer with its Premier and First divisions: Champs get bumped up, cellar dwellers get sent down. But at this point, I can't figure out why there are only 17 teams instead of 18.

If this game turns out to be goodness (and the more I'm seein', the more I'm likin',) I may have to hit up fsgear.com for a Ron Mexico Washington Redhawks jersey.

Flippin' genius.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I saw the E3 trailer on TeamXBox.com.

The big scary linebacker made me wet my pants. Especially when he Willis McGahee-ed the QB.

Gameplay looks sucky though.

mainescarf.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived