St. Louis Cardinals Concept

Audiodrama

Notes:

1. Reverted back to the old-style "STL" on the caps.

2. "St. Louis" now on the away jerseys.

3. The bottom-right is the batting practice/spring training set.

4. Took away the yellow in the logo, replaced it with a tan-ish color. Also darkened the red and blue.

5. Annnd...probably some other crap too.

cardinals.gif

Everything is good except:

The bat. It just looks a bit dull and almost like its faded.

The player names. I think the arched player names should be for the braves only, it doesn't look like it fits with the cards.

Untitled-1.png

Maybe it doesn't bother anyone cause it's a different league, but the alt makes them look like the BoSox. It's funny, I like the red alt, although I would love a light blue one, for nostalgia's sake(even though throwback alts tend to be hated). I'm not sure how the red alt would translate on the fiel either... birds might be hard to see.

My only issue is with that alt - great job on home, away and BP, love your work.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Maybe it doesn't bother anyone cause it's a different league, but the alt makes them look like the BoSox. It's funny, I like the red alt, although I would love a light blue one, for nostalgia's sake(even though throwback alts tend to be hated). I'm not sure how the red alt would translate on the fiel either... birds might be hard to see.

My only issue is with that alt - great job on home, away and BP, love your work.

Strange that you say that...I purposely tried to distinguish the red alt from the Sox' alternate. This alternate has white text with a dark blue outline, whereas the Sox' alternate has dark blue text with a white outline. Considering the similarities in the two teams' color sets, that's about as different as you're getting without making a dark blue alternate (which wouldn't really look right).

Maybe it doesn't bother anyone cause it's a different league, but the alt makes them look like the BoSox.  It's funny, I like the red alt, although I would love a light blue one, for nostalgia's sake(even though throwback alts tend to be hated).  I'm not sure how the red alt would translate on the fiel either... birds might be hard to see.

Strange that you say that...I purposely tried to distinguish the red alt from the Sox' alternate. This alternate has white text with a dark blue outline, whereas the Sox' alternate has dark blue text with a white outline. Considering the similarities in the two teams' color sets, that's about as different as you're getting without making a dark blue alternate (which wouldn't really look right).

Don't get me wrong man, I noticed the differences. Like you said, given the color set, you have two options: red or blue. And no matter what you do(outside of doing something dumb like a vest or faux vest) - they're gonna look the same. Not meant to be a knock on you, just a comment on an unavoidable thing. Certainly, seeing as only two teams in the entire NL(and just 3 overall) have a red alt(Reds and Braves), the Cards could prolly pull it off. The red bird on red is also unavoidable, because a Cardinal can't be anything but red. That's why I'd rather not see an alt at all, or if I did, a throwback light blue one, even though it prolly wouldn't fly with most.

Absolutely no knocks on your execution, solid as always.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Few things (from a life-long, die-hard, religious{baseball} Cardinals fan):

-Keep the current STL

-Bring back the road hat

-Leave bat yellow (this one really doesn't bother me that much)

-On their BP's and old alt./BP, they just left the letters red and put a thick white outline around the word and birds on the bat (just a thought)

-Arc the names on the back

Oh, and on the BP's, if you're gonna use just single logos, put the bird on a bat on either the hat or jersey, and put the STL on the other. Shows off both logos.

Other than that, I really like this one better than some concepts I've seen. Great Work. B)

Archived