NHL 2k6

Sguse1

Maybe when they release NHL 06 (the EA Sports one), it'll come with a Lockout Simulator!

Be Gary or Bob, as they struggle to scuttle the 04-05 season!

That would be a VERY COOL IDEA!

Your daily choices for running that game mode include sending Bill Daly or Ted Saskin (depending on which side you chose) to tell the media one of the following:

"The sides met for 7 1/2 hours, but no progress was made."

"The players will never accept a salary cap." / "A luxury tax will never work for the NHL."

"We need cost certainty to make all 30 franchises viable." / "Cost certainty is nothing more than rhetoric for 'salary cap'."

...or the ever-popular...

"No further meetings have been scheduled."

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

anyone know if they are gonna release NHL 2k6?? cuz now espn parted ways with hockey soo will ea be the only way to go??

NHL 2k6 will be available, it just won't have the ESPN license. In fact, the ESPN license was bought out by EA before ESPN announced they were dropping hockey coverage, so the game's producers never planned on having ESPN in the game's title this year.

The 2k series was not made by ESPN, so don't worry about that connection. Rumor has it that 2kSports picked up CBC announcers for NHL 2k6.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

IGN.com NHL 2k6 Information

apparently within the last 2 days they've moved the release date back to september 1, 2005. oh well whats one more day.

Marty Turco is the cover-boy and yes the hockey night in canada announcers will be calling the games.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Marty Turco? I like him and all, but is he really who you want for the cover? I'd think they'd give it to Joe Thornton or Rick Nash, even. Brodeur is like the only goalie with real name recognition to the casual fan, maybe Theodore as well.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

It's highly doubtful, but I thought I'd just throw this out there anyway...

Will 2k6 feature any aspects of the new CBA in this game?

I imagine the deal came too late to make the game accurate (with shootouts, salary cap, new rules, etc.), but what's the case in this regard?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Since it is to be released pretty much a month from now I wonder what their rosters will look like, I would think that they will use the 2004 rosters, and what about the 2005 draftees? I'm sure many would like to play as Croby in the game, many people would be sad to see they are playing with Forsberg on the Avs not the FLYERS when it first comes out.

I would be willing to be that you will be able to adjust the rules on seasons for the rule changes that are going to be implemented (shoot outs, no two-line pass, etc.). I also think that if you have online access with either PS2 or XBOX, you will be able to download the correct rosters to use on the actual off-line game.

As a proud member of http://www.2khockey.net, I can tell you everything you need to know about NHL 2K6. :D Firstly, both 2K6 and 06 will have the new rules outlined by the CBA in them - thus resulting in both games being pushed back to mid to late september. Bob Cole and Harry Neal (Toronto Maple Leafs commentators) are doing the commentary for this game. From what I've seen, you can adjust the new rules back to the old ones, but I'm not 100% on it. Rosters will be as up to date as they possibly can by the release date, and it will have the current schedual. Rosters can be downloaded from XBOX live, but I dont remember what the thing is about for the PS2. Any other questions can be answered there or ask me and I can fill ya in. BTW, 2K6 will blow 06 out of the water!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived