Adidas to buy Reebok

jr79

Adidas wouldn't put three stripes on NFL jersies. In fact some teams were adidas before, and some college teams are now, and they don't have three stripes....look!

gallery6.jpg

gallery16.jpg

gallery19.jpg

gallery20.jpg

Yes, but that is because the NCAA considers the three stripes to be adidas logo, and there can only be one small logo per uniform piece. There was a lawsuit about it in 1998. It's adidas vs. NCAA, I believe if you want to look it up.

I look forward to this happening. I'm sure adidas will probably drop the exclusive agreements that they have with the leagues and open it back up to the league having more than one partner. I know they and Nike made a joint bid two years ago when the NFL deal was up for renegogiation.

As far as rivals go, Nike and adidas have worked together on several occasions to come up with agreements that are beneficial to both companies. The US headquarters of the two companies in Oregon are like 30 miles apart.

They said in the press release they're keeping the RBK logos on the NFL/NBA unis.

The interesting thing is will they go with those rumored new style unis for the NHL.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I don't know how adidas will handle the hockey contract. At least Reebok had somewhat of a history in hockey, dating back to 1992 (the Pump skate with CCM, and the logo on Olympic hockey jerseys). I don't think of adidas (or Nike for that matter) when I think of hockey, I think of adidas mostly with basketball, soccer and track & field.

Back in the Cold War days, the Soviet Union used to wear adidas skates. They had the 3 stripes sewn on them. I wonder if they will bring them back?

Yeah the Patriots used to have adidas jerseys.

adidas Patriot replica jerseys were the best...the number sizes were consistent.

Go compare the size of the 12 in Brady's replica to the size of the 83 on Deion Branch's replica - Branch's 83 is like the size of baseball numbers. All I ask is for consistency, especially after paying $75 for a jersey.

Archived