Sign in to follow this  
mac

Fun with helmets

Chargers (that would be semi old school though I don't see anyone liking the idea of a yellow helmet)

Raiders (interesting updated look but they are in the 'can't change our helmet' group)

Patriots (that would be cool with an all blue because I never like it when Parcels updated with this modern Pat, IMHO I thought they were copying the Cowboys)

whats different with the 49ers one?

he used their old logo before the update.

No, Icecap, he didn't. All he did was change the stripes in the middle to the old stripe pattern. The logo is the same as the current one, and the mask color is the same.

I think the navy Pats helmet would look great with the silver alts, if only the NFL allowed two helmets to be worn. I'm not too keen on the Pats with a navy facemask. The way they use red there right now is perfect.

A question about the Titans' white...is that a solid light blue stripe down the middle of the helmet, flanked by the current navy half stripes/triangle/fangs (whatever they're called)? Or would all three stripes be solid from front to back?

No, Icecap, he didn't. All he did was change the stripes in the middle to the old stripe pattern. The logo is the same as the current one, and the mask color is the same.

I think the navy Pats helmet would look great with the silver alts, if only the NFL allowed two helmets to be worn. I'm not too keen on the Pats with a navy facemask. The way they use red there right now is perfect.

A question about the Titans' white...is that a solid light blue stripe down the middle of the helmet, flanked by the current navy half stripes/triangle/fangs (whatever they're called)? Or would all three stripes be solid from front to back?

The 49ers helmet is supposed to be the old helmet with a red facemask not gray as I think that that is the only change they should have made instead of adding black.

The white titans helmet is three stripes of equal thickness that would continue all the way to the back. Light blue is the center stripe. I felt the triangle stripes they have now don't match anything on the rest of their uniforms so I used the same striping that is on their white pants.

In general, I like the ones where you did the least. And I am all for bringing back Bucco Bruce, but not with black helmets. That's gonna get hot in Tampa...

Thats one of the reasons that the Bucs have never attempted a black alt jersey. There accually was a proposed Alt helmet that ownership created to go with a proposed alt uniform. The helmet was shiny metallic black with the pirate ship logo on the side, a black alt jersey and black pants. It was proposed that the black helmet and pants could be worn at home with the black jersey or on the road with the white jersey. Unfortunately it never even got to the NFL for approval as it was shot down by management because they were worried about wearing black in the Florida heat and because the Pirate ship logo was hard to make out on the black helmet from a distance. It would have been kind of cool but i think that that may have meant the transition away from Pewter and thats the last thing i want to see.

The 49ers helmet is supposed to be the old helmet with a red facemask not gray as I think that that is the only change they should have made instead of adding black.

I agree. I thought it was the current logo because it looks like there is a shadowed effect on the SF, a shadow effect that wasn't there on the old logo. It's probably just my eyes going horribly blind though.

I agree. I thought it was the current logo because it looks like there is a shadowed effect on the SF, a shadow effect that wasn't there on the old logo. It's probably just my eyes going horribly blind though.

no it is the new logo. I just eliminated the gold ring in between the red and black as seen here.

9ers.png

I was too lazy to get the old logo and put it on the helmet so instead I just manipulated the new one to look like the old one

this is the old one.

49ers.png

Funny, over 1,000 posts and this is the first time I have ever bumped anything.