Does my avtar work?

RobRoberts

Yes, exactly.  I found this a couple of years back on the Toronto Sun's website, and it was the background on my computer for a long time.  When I finally decided to figure out the Avtars (I felt my posts looked "naked" without one), I was psyched to see it as an option.  It got me thinking though, and I was wondering if anyone on here ever made crests or jerseys out of their concepts.  I thought it'd be cool to have this Nordiques logo made into a crest.

So, any takers?  Anyone?

And still, can someone tell me what an "AVTAR" means?  Why it's called that?  Etc? ???

Sorry, let me clarify.  I thought it would be cool to make it into a physical crest, much like the one you would find on an actual jersey.  

Not that someone could draw a picture of it on here, rather that they make a fabric and glue and stitching representation of it.

Rob

Yes, exactly.  I found this a couple of years back on the Toronto Sun's website, and it was the background on my computer for a long time.  When I finally decided to figure out the Avtars (I felt my posts looked "naked" without one), I was psyched to see it as an option.  It got me thinking though, and I was wondering if anyone on here ever made crests or jerseys out of their concepts.  I thought it'd be cool to have this Nordiques logo made into a crest.

So, any takers?  Anyone?

And still, can someone tell me what an "AVTAR" means?  Why it's called that?  Etc? ???

Actually it's called an "avatar". An avatar is a physical representation or embodiment/manifestation of an idea, concept, quality, person, etc. I believe it comes from the Hindu religion.

Even though the Nordiques folded and that logo was never used it is protected by copyright and trademark laws. Because it's illegal you'll have trouble finding a shop willing to stick their neck out to make a jersey crest for you.

Is it trademarked or copywritten?  I don't see any identification on or near the logo that lists it as such.  I know some one one here knows how to check trademarks with the patent office, would that tell us?

Like I said, I just thought it might be kinda cool to have, that's all.  I'm not looking to make money off of it or sell it.  

Again, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Archived