Twins in red hats at home

gosioux76

Yeah, I get the argument of what you're saying like Tampa Bay or New England, but they declare their name the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and the New England Pats. The Twins don't declare themselves the Twin City Twins. They are the Minnesota Twins. That's why I don't get the TC logo. Would the TC logo be justified then for the Wolves and Vikes?

Good point. Don't have an answer for that one. :mad: Guess icecap's explanation is as good as any...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like the blue hats better than the red. I think its because of the blue undershirts and blue pin stripes. I don't mind the red for a game or two though. I just don't get why (don't kill me if this is obvious) they say TC on the cap for Twin Cities. It's just a nickname of the city and not the name. I can see how the Nats or the Wizards use DC, because it is actually a portion of their city name and not a nickname. You don't see the Pirates (for example) using SC for Steel City.

It was mentioned on here somewhere, I forgot by who, that the main reason they initially used the TC was so not offend the St. Paul residents. They go by Minnesota, but I guess some felt that if they used an M it would be like saying they are from Minneapolis (which I know is where they actually play, but...). So basically it was to avoid trouble, I guess is how you could put it.

No, not St. Paul Residents (St. Paul is a twin city) its not to "alienate" out-state, or greater minnesota fans.

And why TC when they are the MINNESOTA twins. Well it works because they are the Twins, named after the cities, hence a logo dedicated to their namesake.

Consider it somewhat parallel to the Canadians having an H in their logo.

that H is for Habs, right?

Archived