A newly updated Montréal Royals' concept!

GeorgesL

I've did a few Montréal Royals' concepts in the past, but with hard researching, plus soul searching, I have come up with these:

mtlroyalesjerseys.jpg

Note: I chose the blue as a primary colour for the home, and the red for the roads, because the blue stays connected with Montréal baseball, not to mention Royals' history, and I liked the way the red stands out with the gray. I also went with the gray caps for day road games only. (I know most of you can't stand gray caps, but it was the best cap to work with.)

PRO:

- overall design AND execution. Really nicely done!

- the "M/crown" design.

CON:

- the less-than-subtle Red Sox influence. The only problem with borrowing such a distincitve look to such a high degree is that it paradoxically lessens the ability of the concept to speak for your own team. It comes off as "Red Sox Invade Quebec" a little bit, and makes it harder to stand alone. IDEA: use the "M/crown" logo so at least the hats look a little less like the Red Sox. And it's a nice historical allusion to Montreal's past and its name.

- no accent over the "E" in "MONTREAL"? Pourquoi est-ce?

- don't like the gray caps. But that's a general thing with me, it's nicely rendered and all. Gray caps and white caps are just blah for me.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 3 weeks later...

YEAH, MAN!

These look awesome!

I see a lot less "Montreal Red Sox" using the SF Giants' numerals. And the cap logo is flawless!

You took one of your best concepts, and made it ten times better. Amazing stuff.

A rarely-given :notworthy: to you.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

YEAH, MAN!

These look awesome!

I see a lot less "Montreal Red Sox" using the SF Giants' numerals. And the cap logo is flawless!

You took one of your best concepts, and made it ten times better. Amazing stuff.

A rarely-given :notworthy: to you.

(takes a bow)

Archived